Thread: P-7811 FX (Gateway)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

80C is average for today's GPUs, I have an 8800 that hovers around ~70C in a heavily cooled case.

As for the fan setting, it's probably already set for to the highest speed then and that is good that it starts right away.

Really the only other thing to try, other than an external cooler, is to apply some Arctic Silver to the CPU and GPU as MarineOne mentioned.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    80C is average for today's GPUs, I have an 8800 that hovers around ~70C in a heavily cooled case.

As for the fan setting, it's probably already set for to the highest speed then and that is good that it starts right away.

Really the only other thing to try, other than an external cooler, is to apply some Arctic Silver to the CPU and GPU as MarineOne mentioned.
    Thats kind of hot for a a 8800 I'm sitting at 52c and under heavy load "gaming" i hit 72c on my overclocked 8800gt.
    Rip that head sink off it and redo the thermal compound with artic silver or something like that. They come stock with a sticky thermal pad thats not wort crap.

Getting a case set up the right way with proper air flow is tricky you just cant add more fans you need to plan out your set up.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Thats kind of hot for a a 8800 I'm sitting at 52c and under heavy load "gaming" i hit 72c on my overclocked 8800gt.
    I meant my GTS gets to ~70C while gaming on average, should have stated that.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information