Thread: Nitro RC truck owners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Very nice looking buggy, I realy like the paint job you did.
    I do like to tinker with things, and, that is why I was thinking of nitro.

I was actually loking at the Savage, and I really like the looks of it. Is the Savage a fairly upgradable truck? I mean, are upgrades pretty accessible?
    When my youngest son and I went to buy his first Nitro buggy, the first thing the store owner said was, "You'll spend 80% of your time working on them, 20% running them". He was pretty close.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    When my youngest son and I went to buy his first Nitro buggy, the first thing the store owner said was, "You'll spend 80% of your time working on them, 20% running them". He was pretty close.

Doc.
    Yep!

Mine is a HPI Nitro rs4. I've had the beast for over 10 years - wasn't horribly expensive to get into - and there are still plenty of parts and upgrades out there.

Well, I just put in an order through Tower Hobbies for the new Savage X 4.6 with the new 2.4GHZ remote.
    They are on back order, but should be out in a 1 to 1 1/2 weeks...I can't wait.

The rtr kit from HPI comes with an extra kit ie. fuel fill bottle glow starter, batteries and charger, and four way wrench...hopefully, all I will need is some fuel, and to charge the batteries, then I can start the break in...as soon as it comes in.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Well, I just put in an order through Tower Hobbies for the new Savage X 4.6 with the new 2.4GHZ remote.
    They are on back order, but should be out in a 1 to 1 1/2 weeks...I can't wait.

The rtr kit from HPI comes with an extra kit ie. fuel fill bottle glow starter, batteries and charger, and four way wrench...hopefully, all I will need is some fuel, and to charge the batteries, then I can start the break in...as soon as it comes in.
    Does it come preassembled? Or do you have the joy of assembling it yourself?

Mine came as a build it yourself kit - and am actually glad it came that way. I was able to see how everything fit together - and (most importantly) how to take it apart and repair it when I ran it into a concrete wall...

Be careful - the problem with buying a nitro car/truck is you'll always find yourself wanting to go bigger and better.

Unfortunately, it comes preassembled, but that just means I can get to the break in quicker, then I can learn how to rebuild when I wreck it.

I ask for some videos once you get it. I'd prefer the ones where you smash into a wall or something and then swear a lot!
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
    I ask for some videos once you get it. I'd prefer the ones where you smash into a wall or something and then swear a lot!
    So, you want video of my maiden voyage?

Thread Information