Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Heavily favored? I don't think so. Certainly they're the better team, at least they have more stars, but I don't see them as heavily favored.

Doc.
    I agree somewhat. If both goalies play to their full potential, they are about even. The Canucks have a bit more forward depth, but a lot more defensive depth. The speed of the Canucks may be a bit much for the Bruins, but the B's could slow them down if they play very physical.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    I agree somewhat. If both goalies play to their full potential, they are about even. The Canucks have a bit more forward depth, but a lot more defensive depth. The speed of the Canucks may be a bit much for the Bruins, but the B's could slow them down if they play very physical.

Mark
    ^ Hits the nail on the head, IMO. Mind you I'm a Minnesota fan, which by default I'm supposed to hate the Nucks, but not this year. This series will be a goalie dual and very VERY physical. Vancouver in five and I'm going off the path here a little and say Tim Thomas for the Conn Smythe (ala Giggy in 2003). He has been fantastic this entire playoffs. I firmly believe if the Bruins had another guy in net they would have been gone in the second round.

Thread Information