Thread: Tabaqueria de Filipinas 1898 Independencia L.E.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
    That's too bad. I was really hoping these and other Philippine cigars would be better. I've heard Don Juan Urquijo are leagues better than the rest of them. Maybe you and I should go in on a box split next time your family goes there.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. I haven't been to that park. I want to explore all of the state in my life, so I'll add this to the list. We'll definitely be retiring here, too.
    My little brother said he liked the Don Juan Urquijo's best. He didn't remember the name, he told me, "The ones with the gold writing on a black background". When his mother-in-law goes again, I'll tell him to order a couple boxes of those and you're most welcome to some of them. Although, if they're better than the rest..............

LOL

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    My little brother said he liked the Don Juan Urquijo's best. He didn't remember the name, he told me, "The ones with the gold writing on a black background". When his mother-in-law goes again, I'll tell him to order a couple boxes of those and you're most welcome to some of them. Although, if they're better than the rest..............

LOL

ah the Don Juans. i believe these are the most premium smokes the Philippines has to offer. they are quite similiar to a Macanudo, imho.

thick, clean, creamy smoke, with nutty and buttery notes on the palate. not very complex. just a simple enjoyable morning smoke.

i do miss these.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

Thread Information