Thread: I have had enough of this %#&@& winter.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Ya'll could send some this way. We've been stuck in the mid-40's for the highs lately. The ski resort here has really been hurting for tourism.

For me, I'd be happy with 40 degree days in the summers. I need me some cold.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Ya'll could send some this way. We've been stuck in the mid-40's for the highs lately. The ski resort here has really been hurting for tourism.

For me, I'd be happy with 40 degree days in the summers. I need me some cold.
    I'd be thrilled with 40's right now...

I gotta say - living in this weather does toughen you up. A few years back I went to Orlando in December. It was 65 in the evening - refreshing to me. The Orlando-ites were all "freezing". Was rather comical seeing them wear winter coats while I was in a long sleeve shirt...

So what really sucks for me with this weather is feeding the birds. That's right - you heard me - feeding the birds. You see, while out shopping once I picked up a seed sack (thistle seeds) to attract a few finches by the house. Momma thought I was outta my mind until the Golden Finches started showing up. Lots of Golden Finches.... once momma saw that birds do come where food is (she thought I was insane because she did not believe birds could sniff out a sack of seeds), she has become St. Francis Assisi reincarnate. We now have a dozen bird feeders around the house which need to be filled everyday. And nothing better than filling those when it's -15 with a 30 mph wind and 2 feet of blowing/drifting snow because momma does not want to see the birdies starve...
    Last edited by ggiese; 01-06-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Thread Information