Thread: Okienoodeling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    Pollution is ruining fishing. Any and all fish I've caught from spring fed lakes or mountain streams or ponds have been delicious. Any and all fish I've caught from rivers have been terrible. As they build up around the lakes in my hometown, I notice pollution problems over the years as well. Haven't been fishing there for some years as my parents moved and sold their boat. Last time I went, there were powerboats, jet skis, and condos galore. The water was permanently murky and foamy and the fish were not anywhere near as good.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    I never eat river fish. Too much garbage in the water. I do fish in rivers but throw them back.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I never eat river fish. Too much garbage in the water. I do fish in rivers but throw them back.
    To the best of my knowledge I've yet to eat a river. I've always fished lakes. But I'm going to try river fishing for walleye tomorrow and if I catch some, I'm going to try them to see if there is actually any difference in flavor. I already checked to see if there are worries about mercury (there aren't).

The reason I'm going to try fishing the river is that it's a 5 min drive from my house and the take home limit for walleye is 3. The closet lake is 35 min's away and, your take home limit is 1 walleye.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information