Thread: Rp 1990

Default Rp 1990

The wrapper is perfect - chocolate color, with weins almost non visible, felt smooth and silky to the touch. Also just glancing at this baby and feeling for firmness you could tell this one had great construction. Taking a little whiff of the tobacco from the foot yo knew you would get spice on your pallete.

Lighting was easy and effortless. Ash held for about 2 1/2 inches.

Burn was great all throughout with just one time a little offside probbaly from me puffing too fast, this was self corrected very nicely.

As excpected there was plenty of spice on this one. It also had hints of leather. Great thing is that there was not even one harsh note from it. The overall profile is a lot more mellow than the Sungrown so don't excpect the same buzz that you might get from some Nicaraguans or other stronger cigars. But at the same time you get flavor that has mellowed due to age to give enough taste without being overpowering. One dowside is that there is a little sourness or acidity on the finish.

I think this one would pair greatly with a smooth bourbon or a young brandy

Blog Entries

Nice review, Dan.
    I bought the Euro version in Churchill size. Approx. $35 for 10 of them on the evil auction. After smoking 6 of them: My personal rating is "great" with a number score of 88.
    --Gerald

3. Cool New Cigar Guy

I am looking for some good smokes............I like the longer ones...........any suggestions

Thread Information