Thread: What Movie / TV Series are you watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Anybody still watching Breaking Bad? The first episode last Sunday...oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Anybody still watching Breaking Bad? The first episode last Sunday...oh my.
    You best believe I am. It's going to be a wild finish.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

All that we have is Amazon Prime Instant Video, so the selection is limited and usually dated. Watched the first two seasons of Falling Skies and am in the first season of Under the Dome.

Blog Entries

Burn Notice
    Covert Affairs
    Suits
    Graceland

All on USA

I also like Person of Interest but it's on the same time as Suits and Suits right now is new while Person of Interest is in rerun. Oh, I forgot, I kinda got hooked on Under the Dome at first but not so much now.

What I like about USA Network is their "seasons" are the traditional network ones, Labor Day to Memorial Day sort of with reruns tossed in, etc. and either all reruns in the summer or they pull the series.

USA traditionally has two short seasons per year, summer when all the big networks are in rerun and some other time in the year, usually starting in February when the networks start sprinkling in reruns.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I mentioned it in the what are you smoking thread - but I was completely engrossed in Jiro Dreams of Sushi documentary. If you can get past having to read the subtitles, this was a fascinating study of a an incredible man. 10 seat non-descript sushi restaurant in the Tokyo subway booked 1-2 months in advance - at $300 per person. And there is no reading off a menu or ordering appetizers - you eat what Jiro prepares for you. He is the only small sushi restaurant that has been awarded 3 Michelin Guide stars.

Seriously - if you want to study the recipe for success, this is the movie.

Netflix has it available, and it appears Walmart has the BlueRay available for $13.11.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I mentioned it in the what are you smoking thread - but I was completely engrossed in Jiro Dreams of Sushi documentary. If you can get past having to read the subtitles, this was a fascinating study of a an incredible man. 10 seat non-descript sushi restaurant in the Tokyo subway booked 1-2 months in advance - at $300 per person. And there is no reading off a menu or ordering appetizers - you eat what Jiro prepares for you. He is the only small sushi restaurant that has been awarded 3 Michelin Guide stars.

Seriously - if you want to study the recipe for success, this is the movie.

Netflix has it available, and it appears Walmart has the BlueRay available for $13.11.
    I first heard about this place through Anthony Bourdains No Reservations and put it on my bucket list. I believe his son has taken over since then. Great documentary for foodies, fans of sushi, and like you mentioned people who can appreciate the lifetime of dedication and passion that man showed.

For TV, I find it hard to follow anything after Breaking Bad. Only two shows I actually follow up on week after week are How I met your Mother and the Mentalist.

The more I see of Karl Urban the more I'm liking him as an actor. Because of this the wife (she feels the same about him) and I checked his new TV series "Almost Human" which started this week. We're both Sci Fi fans so we enjoyed the show a lot and have added it to our PVR list of things to be recorded.

If you too are a Sci Fi fan I highly recommend you give this show a look.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information