Thread: best cigar tube length and width

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

If I ever find myself in a situation where 1-2mm of titanium is insufficient to protect my cigar, I will probably not be too worried about a cigar. Although, soldiers might have a use for 3mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    If I ever find myself in a situation where 1-2mm of titanium is insufficient to protect my cigar, I will probably not be too worried about a cigar. Although, soldiers might have a use for 3mm.
    I agree, if 1mm of titanium isn't enough, I should probably go home.

Keith

3. Default

totaly agree with you, but some people do prefer bomb proof designs. That is why I decided to ask here what you guys as cigar smokers would prefer.

I am not too sure how strong a 1mm tube would be, (for example, if you sit on it, or drop it and then someone steps on it, would it get dented?). Last thing someone would want is to get a dent in a tube that cost them $160.

Blog Entries

That is true, but then again, I would never spend $160 on a tube when I could buy a couple of boxes of cigars instead.

5. Default

That is true, but then again, I would never spend $160 on a tube when I could buy a couple of boxes of cigars instead.
    yep, agreed.

some people like fancy things though. Its priced good for what it is, titanium.

Another option instead of multiple sizes would be a larger size with slide in adapter sleeves. Something that could hold say a 60gauge or you slide a 48 gauge choke in it and your good to go.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Wow. Prices must have really shot up recently. I have a device made out of Titanium that holds 6 rounds of .357 Magnum. Only cost me about $50 per "tube."

Yeah, at that price I would review what the other high end retailers are selling.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool looking. But I would probably just get an otterbox and a box of good cigars for that price.

See about adding a pocket clip, like on a pen, but make it fancy.

Seriously, $160 per tube ...... are you trying to keep safe so that the T-1000 can smoke them after the war?

Kris

10. Default

I appreciate all the feedback. Maybe these pieces have a very small market. Maybe they would not make good cigar tubes due to the price, but they are not over priced. Its hard to find anyone else who makes something similar to these in titanium and even then, the containers are alot smaller (about 1/3 the length and 1/2 the diameter) and there priced for over $100.

Thread Information