Thread: humidor won't rise above 50, how do i fix that?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok - let's please slow down. Everyone is speculating at this point. I think we need to get eyes on the situation so we can have a better sense of what's going on. Then we can talk about what we need to do to remediate the situation.

Ashauler - I'll be sure to tuck a dollar bill in my wallet.

Paddy/MangyRat - I'll be sure to check his manual hygrometer for accuracy, ensure it's a quality instrument and that it is working properly.

I also intend to bring equipment along to ensure his water source is truly free of any free radicals. You know what not having he proper water does to humidification devices.

Buzz - you up for a mission? I know you have some incredible equipment available to test atmospheric condition - that could be very useful in this situation. If you're able to break free, I assure you there will be some quality cigars and scotch on the back end of the project,

And I sincerely hope CoventryCat does not volunteer to go on this trip. The last trip with him was quite a fiasco...
    Last edited by ggiese; 01-15-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Buzz - you up for a mission? I know you have some incredible equipment available to test atmospheric condition - that could be very useful in this situation. If you're able to break free, I assure you there will be some quality cigars and scotch on the back end of the project,
    You had me at "mission"
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    You had me at "mission"
    excellent! Let's get the equipment packed up and ready to go. As soon as we hear from Rus, we can get the ball rolling!

Listen - I was thinking... Perhaps we should invite the wives along. I know your wife was bummed when the London humidor fell through. We could make it up to them by doing a scientific AND social event all rolled into one. You game?

Blog Entries

excellent! Let's get the equipment packed up and ready to go. As soon as we hear from Rus, we can get the ball rolling!

Listen - I was thinking... Perhaps we should invite the wives along. I know your wife was bummed when the London humidor fell through. We could make it up to them by doing a scientific AND social event all rolled into one. You game?
    You guys could take the Yugo...oh, wait. Sorry...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I had this problem when I bought my first humidor. Try the dollar bill test. I ended up buying a digital hygrometer and eventually upgraded to 65% humidity beads. They are worth the investment if you want properly humidified cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by dasunder View Post
    I had this problem when I bought my first humidor. Try the dollar bill test. I ended up buying a digital hygrometer and eventually upgraded to 65% humidity beads. They are worth the investment if you want properly humidified cigars.
    You've been by his house and assessed the situation with his humidor already?

Details, man - we need DETAILS!

7. Default

Well, I was planning on using my first post to introduce myself. But now, I'm not going to even bother. It's members like Coventry or whatever the hell his name is, that give this place a bad name. You complain about typing errors (%), but yet, you act immature as hell about answering the guys question. Who wants to post questions pertaining to a mans cigars, when the majority or replies are smartass remarks. I will be sticking to the BOTL forum.
    Last edited by AmericanSoldier1989; 01-24-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm totally down for that - but I'm not going to tell the wifey until the day we leave... I can't put her through the emotional roller coaster again, she is still very upset about the last time. I have three different sling psychrometers, do you think I should bring all three? I wonder if there are any castles near Rus that we could rent out, I must admit that I was very much looking forward to wearing a suit of armor. It's on my bucket list.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

I'm totally down for that - but I'm not going to tell the wifey until the day we leave... I can't put her through the emotional roller coaster again, she is still very upset about the last time. I have three different sling psychrometers, do you think I should bring all three? I wonder if there are any castles near Rus that we could rent out, I must admit that I was very much looking forward to wearing a suit of armor. It's on my bucket list.
    I know a guy. LMK and I'll forward the contact info.

I think one psychrometer should be fine, unless you think we may need to take two sets of readings or the one we bring may fail.

I also think it may be a bit premature to talk about staying at a castle. We may have issue with even finding decent hotel accommodations. I'm going to be awfully cranky if I am made to stay at anything less than a Hilton property.

Thread Information