Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass IV!!!

Blog Entries

A Turrent is a Mexi puro, but unfortunately, it doesn't meet the PPPIV requirements...wait, I guess that doesn't matter anymore.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

garryyjr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    GaRry I just have to ask what Mexican puro did you get?
    I was told to get these, as no one would expect that.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/te+amo+r...ars/item+22022

Quote Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
    I was told to get these, as no one would expect that.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/te+amo+r...ars/item+22022
    Single cigar is $4.15 or $2.79 when you buy them by the bundle.
    the nude cigar needs to be at least $5 and HAS to be a puro

This is what i sent you to use
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/camacho+...ars/item+25781
    This cigar would have fulfilled all the requirements for the Pass.

the one you linked to would qualify for one of the 3 sticks you add to the pass.
    Prize pack sticks are to be $3-5

Edited due to a mistake i made his cigar would be in the price range for the prize pack but not for the puro.
    When pricing the puro just search the net for the lowest price you can get a single for. "in GarRy's case it was $4.15"
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 04-26-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

garryyjr Guest

Single cigar is $4.15 or $2.79 when you buy them by the bundle.
    the nude cigar needs to be at least $5 and HAS to be a puro
    OK. That is what I was told to get when I asked for help. I guess it is a good thing you did yank me from the list.

Wouldn't want to fuck up again!

nicaraguan?

This Puro was a full bodied cigar and i have no idea what it was.
    At first i was thinking it was something form the Camacho line but it had a bitter finish that threw me off so i made a wild guess.
    Your guess would have been correct if I had sent my original pick to you... The illusione that I sent as one of my passes was my original pick and was a Nicaraguan, but the binder is not from Nicaragua, so it had to stay clothed. So, in my rush to run to New York City, I went diving into my humidor... And came out with a punch gran puro. So it's Honduran. Sorry Mangy!

I thought I had sent this info off to you guys before I left, I apologize again for my awkwardly timed travel plans, and your decency in dealing with me. I owe a package of cigars to the gentleman who kindly expressed mailed the package to me (I cannot remember your tag at the moment, I apologize) and I'll get those out on Tuesday (the 26th) to repay you for your help

Edit: Figured out the problem... My PM box filled up Friday morning, so a couple PM's didn't go out! Oops!
    Last edited by Alcibiates; 04-23-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~Seneca

Men of genius are admired; men of wealth are envied; men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted.

Live the poetry that you cannot write; let others write the poetry they dare not realize. ~Oscar Wilde

bring on the lewzer tag.

Tom ill get the Pass out to you Monday. Priority Mail® Label Number: 9405 5036 9930 0080 1495 44
    my additions to the pass.

RP Edge Corojo Toro
    Rp Edge Maduro Toro
    Cain Maduro Torpedo
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 04-23-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
    Hey I'm learning and trying! He didn't let me know what his pass was. Mangy - PM me and let me know what you send so that I can be in the loop. I'll try and stay on top of this to make sure that I know what is going around! Sorry guys for the lack of attention on my part for this one
    Having trouble getting the image to post here, but this is a screenshot of the PM I sent to Tachy to tell him the puro was a honduran before I left. Don't know why he didn't get it, as it shows up in my sent box.

http://imgur.com/zZ6O5

Oh well. Glad things got resolved. Best of luck to us both next year, Mangy!
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~Seneca

Men of genius are admired; men of wealth are envied; men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted.

Live the poetry that you cannot write; let others write the poetry they dare not realize. ~Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiates View Post
    Having trouble getting the image to post here, but this is a screenshot of the PM I sent to Tachy to tell him the puro was a honduran before I left. Don't know why he didn't get it, as it shows up in my sent box.

http://imgur.com/zZ6O5

Oh well. Glad things got resolved. Best of luck to us both next year, Mangy!
    And the plot thickens...

Thanks, Bo.

Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 04-23-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Uncle Tupelo

garryyjr Guest

^^^

How does that go with me?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
    ^^^

How does that go with me?
    It doesn't, Einlock.

Uncle Tupelo

garryyjr Guest

Why am I quoted then? Just seen that.. so thought...hummmm

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiates View Post
    Best of luck to us both next year, Mangy!
    Next year im going with Mexican

I liked the cigar but i never had one turn so bitter at the end like that one did, it messed me up and i had no clue what it was. Nice pick it really had me thinking.

Hey guys, I have a question about my pass (questioning the sticks I was considering). Waiting to hear back from Tachy but looks like he hasn't been around since 4/20.

I'm a little ways away, but my spot just got bumped up by two places and I feel it fast approaching.

Anyone willing to help me out...maybe someone who's already played in PPPIV? Or perhaps I should wait for Tachy?
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question about my pass (questioning the sticks I was considering). Waiting to hear back from Tachy but looks like he hasn't been around since 4/20.

I'm a little ways away, but my spot just got bumped up by two places and I feel it fast approaching.

Anyone willing to help me out...maybe someone who's already played in PPPIV? Or perhaps I should wait for Tachy?

Send me a PM ill see if i can help.

garryyjr Guest

Default Re: Puro Pot Pass IV!!!

.....Since 4/20.... Maybe he had to much fun on that 'american' holiday.

Send me a PM ill see if i can help.
    PM sent. THANK YOU.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Holy shit this was a lot of posts to catch up on. I was away for the holidays (after climbing out the landfill) and just got back into town. So here's what I can see came up while I was gone....

1) Bo responded to the guess, it was wrong. I never got that PM because my inbox was full, I've since cleared it out and have received a lot of the messages.

2) GarryJr is out. I'm still trying to catch up on what the fuck happened with the PIF but I don't care. If MRTR is thinking of backing out because you are in it, no one is going to tolerate it. You're out.

3) JiveTurkey - I got your message but had a lot of other issues come up to check on, if Mangy hasn't already taken a look at your list I will also.

Mangy - Thanks for taking some steps while I was away, I kind of thought that this pass would slow down a little bit for the holidays but I should have known better, sorry for all the issues. I'll update the OP with the new list, the updated status for Mangy and everything else that I can
    Last edited by TachyCoventry; 04-24-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

Ok I've finally read through most of the threads that have been posted in the last 4 days. I'm going to keep this post relevant to the PPPIV and leave out all the nonsense about the PIF and the gaRy thread.

First and foremost I want to apologize to every member, new and old, who are participating in this pass. I have been lax the last week and could list a ton of reasons for it but they would be pitiful at best. I believe that because of my inactivity in the last few days the pass has gotten out of control. I am going to be paying much closer attention to the pass for the remainder to make sure that the rest of it runs smoothly.

I also wanted to send a few PMs to the following people but thought that I would just include them in this post instead.

To Bo - I did not receive your PM and I am sorry about that. I will make sure to check in with everyone before they post up so that if a situation arises where they can not verify the correct guess I will be able to step in and keep the pass moving.

To Mangy - Thank you for helping out while I was not online. I appreciate it and owe you one. I don't have your address but send it to me when you get a chance, I have a little something for you!

To MRTR - I feel like I've let you down on a more personal level since you ran this pass previously. I have removed GaRy from the pass and hope to have you stay in this.

Everything is back on track Tacky the Pass will go out to Tom Monday its all packed and ready to go.

We just need more loser tags

We just need more loser tags
    I'm working on that now, it will be sent out before the end of the night!

Thread Information