Thread: New Years Eve 2012 Kickoff Stogie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I've been smoking off all of my singles during 2011, so I'll probably smoke the two that I have left - a WOAM and a Perfexcion X from last year's draft.

As for drink, Havana Club Cuban Barrel Proof with the WOAM, and Alberta Premium (the only "real" Canadian Rye whisky made these days) 25 year old with the Opus.
    Forty Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    I made a bet with my wife that I could go all year without a drink so I'll be hitting the last of my Johnny Walker Blue with a Lusitania and a Partagas 160
    What's the bet for? If you don't mind me asking. That is one tough bet.

I probably won't be smoking anything at mid-night either.

Victory01 and CoventryCat86...I'll smoke one for each of you...I don't mind...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post
    Forty Creek?
    Forty Creek is very good, but, like almost all other Canadian 'Rye' Whiskey, it is a blend of various grains. Rye is a component - Maize (Indian Corn), Barley, and Rye are used in Forty Creek's case. Although American Rye Whiskey has to be at least 51% distilled from Rye, there is no similar requirement anymore in Canada. Canadian 'Rye' just has to have the taste characteristic of "Canadian Whiskey" - it doesn't even have to have Rye in it (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...-B.02.020.html)

To correct myself, there are actually a few other 100% Ryes besides Alberta distiller's brands (Premium (5yr IIRC), Springs (10yr IIRC), and Limited 25 year and 30 year - unfortunately, the last two are sold out AFAIK), but Alberta (currently owned by Beam) is the most widely available.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Forty Creek is very good, but, like almost all other Canadian 'Rye' Whiskey, it is a blend of various grains. Rye is a component - Maize (Indian Corn), Barley, and Rye are used in Forty Creek's case. Although American Rye Whiskey has to be at least 51% distilled from Rye, there is no similar requirement anymore in Canada. Canadian 'Rye' just has to have the taste characteristic of "Canadian Whiskey" - it doesn't even have to have Rye in it (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...-B.02.020.html)

To correct myself, there are actually a few other 100% Ryes besides Alberta distiller's brands (Premium (5yr IIRC), Springs (10yr IIRC), and Limited 25 year and 30 year - unfortunately, the last two are sold out AFAIK), but Alberta (currently owned by Beam) is the most widely available.
    Starting to thread jack here...but thanks for the info. I guess your a pretty avid whiskey drinker. I'm not too familiar with it, but I hear Forty Creek is coming out with a line that focuses on one grain per blend. I believe there will be 3 different bottles coming out soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post
    Starting to thread jack here...but thanks for the info. I guess your a pretty avid whiskey drinker. I'm not too familiar with it, but I hear Forty Creek is coming out with a line that focuses on one grain per blend. I believe there will be 3 different bottles coming out soon.
    I used to drink whiskey (and whisky) mostly, but once I found Havana Club 7, I now usually drink rum when I do drink. (I drink alcohol incredibly rarely now - I had to go dry for a year a while ago, and never found really started drinking regularly again.) I still have half a case of Alberta Premium 25 year, though - it doesn't go bad. :-)
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

6. Default

I've been trying to decide between two cigars. An Opus X figurado, or the new Cohiba Diamonte Edicion (I think I spelled that right). Or perhaps a Winston Churchill robusto by Davidoff.

7. Default

King Edward and Budweiser
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    King Edward and Budweiser
    I don't believe that for a minute! Maybe on a regular day, but I know you're really going kick up those heels on your steel toed boots by firing up a Montessino with a big ol' glass of MD 20/20.

Thread Information