Thread: Smoke Breaks @ Work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm kinda with Will on this one. It would just become habitual and take all the fun out of it. Also, I care too much about what people think and with relatively few smokers at my company, I would get tired of explaining what I was doing to passersby. Lastly, my job involves sensory evaluation of food products so cigar mouth would be a hinderance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    <snip....>
    I don't think I'd find smoking a cigar at work relaxing. I would make a habit of it, it would feel just like that, a habit like cigarette smoking. While I don't hate work, I don't want to associate my pleasurable hobby with work.
    <...snap>
    Quote Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
    I agree with this. Takes it's 'fun' away
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSpencer View Post
    I'm kinda with Will on this one. It would just become habitual and take all the fun out of it. <snip>
    I do see your point. However, I guess I personally don't see it that way. If I were going to a designated smoking area I was banished to, in order to partake of my cigar, then I could understand how smoking would feel like more of an obligation. If I could sit here and smoke at my desk, however, I think it could end up just something else I do - like drinking my cup of coffee. I drink at least one cup every day (not that I would smoke cigars all day), but I truly enjoy the coffee I do drink - we take the time to select good coffee for the explicit reason to enjoy it. Whether we are just sitting outside relaxing, watching TV or working. I don't enjoy it any less simply because I'm drinking it while I'm working. In fact, I would say I'm more productive because of it.

Interesting.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I do see your point. However, I guess I personally don't see it that way. If I were going to a designated smoking area I was banished to, in order to partake of my cigar, then I could understand how smoking would feel like more of an obligation. If I could sit here and smoke at my desk, however, I think it could end up just something else I do - like drinking my cup of coffee. I drink at least one cup every day (not that I would smoke cigars all day), but I truly enjoy the coffee I do drink - we take the time to select good coffee for the explicit reason to enjoy it. Whether we are just sitting outside relaxing, watching TV or working. I don't enjoy it any less simply because I'm drinking it while I'm working. In fact, I would say I'm more productive because of it.

Interesting.
    If I could smoke at my desk (or work from home like Tachy) I'd be all for it! That would be ideal. I'd have to start looking for more inexpensive smokes though.

Thread Information