Thread: Pics of Your Humidor or Humidors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    Thanks Will.

I've never had a problem. The argument of leaving cellophane on or taking it off is really just a matter of preference. There are no FACTS that show either way is the "correct" way.
    I left ALL the wrappers on a box of Tatuaje Tainos ($275 a box/25). Since they were on the second shelf I didn't pay much attention to them for several months. When I did take one out I noticed that many of them were splotchy (cigar lingo for f***** up!). I was afraid to smoke the tainted sticks as I thought possibly mold? The 4 that weren't tainted were out of the world. The best smoke I have ever had!! I talked to my cigar store owner and he said that it was bad form to leave the wrapper on. I never have since and have had no problems. It may have been a 1 time occurance but wanted to make the comment as I would hate to have that happen to anyone else. Good smoking my friend
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who did not". Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by extreme45 View Post
    I left ALL the wrappers on a box of Tatuaje Tainos ($275 a box/25). Since they were on the second shelf I didn't pay much attention to them for several months. When I did take one out I noticed that many of them were splotchy (cigar lingo for f***** up!). I was afraid to smoke the tainted sticks as I thought possibly mold? The 4 that weren't tainted were out of the world. The best smoke I have ever had!! I talked to my cigar store owner and he said that it was bad form to leave the wrapper on. I never have since and have had no problems. It may have been a 1 time occurance but wanted to make the comment as I would hate to have that happen to anyone else. Good smoking my friend
    That is his and yours preference.

BTW, who are you? How about an intro post?

Quote Originally Posted by extreme45 View Post
    I think you are a tool and don't have a clue WTF you are talking about. I don't think you will fit in here. Give www.cigartards.com a try. You should fit right in.

Blog Entries

I have never heard of that happening. What about the sticks that sit in the B&M for a long time before selling? They leave those in the cello with no problems.

The only thing I saw with someone leaving a cigar in the humi with a wrapper is gratuitous amounts of bloom. I just got back from my B&M and he showed me some La Flor lanceros that looked like they blew up in the wrapper. I'm probably going to pick some up some time and I'll take a pic for good record.

Right, so here's my Humidors - they're a little empty at the moment, but I'm still working on getting them filled up (so's I can empty them again...):

The contents of my top little box...

Top drawer of the black one:

Middle Drawer:

And the bottom drawer:

Forgive the 'dust' that got on some of those bands... I blame my dear Uncle Sam for that occuring...
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

Nice collection MC. Love the avatar.

Barnaby Jones !
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Nice collection MC. Love the avatar.

Barnaby Jones !
    Thanks chris - that show never fails to make me giggle. BOOSH!
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

Thread Information