Thread: Puro Pot Pass III

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default My bad!!!

Up front I apologize to all members of the board if this is causing any type of turmoil. I purchased all the cigars for this pass at the same time from my local B&M and they did have all their sticks above the 5 and even 7 dollar range. I might have to have a few words with them but nevertheless, I did not check CigarCyclopedia and I take full responsibility for this.

I will send an additional 3 sticks to be added to the prize pack as an apology to all. Mark, I will PM you the naked puro I sent which I am sure is above the agreed upon prize.

I apologize to EVERYONE once again and I assure you my B&M will have a hard time with me.

I feel bad about this can't apologize enough.

Nelson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndv21 View Post
    Up front I apologize to all members of the board if this is causing any type of turmoil. I purchased all the cigars for this pass at the same time from my local B&M and they did have all their sticks above the 5 and even 7 dollar range. I might have to have a few words with them but nevertheless, I did not check CigarCyclopedia and I take full responsibility for this.

I will send an additional 3 sticks to be added to the prize pack as an apology to all. Mark, I will PM you the naked puro I sent which I am sure is above the agreed upon prize.

I apologize to EVERYONE once again and I assure you my B&M will have a hard time with me.

Nelson
    Nelson,
    The price at your local doesn't mean they are ripping you off.....more expensive than on-line, for sure, but they have taxes and shit to account for that on-line retailers don't, hence the higher per stick price. This is the primary reason that sticks are valued, for trade/pass purposes, using the online resource and averaging the price among several sources, takes all the local variables out of play and levels the field.

IMHO, you have no need to send additional sticks for the pass, especially since I can't win 'em.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndv21 View Post

Nelson
    Nelson:

While that's a very kind gesture, it's not necessary. Like I said, your other two prize pack puts were in range - your good to go. If you want peace of mind, you can PM me the puro to ensure it falls within the rules, but if you've consulted the reference suggested, everything's good.

Again, my post wasn't so much to call you out (well, maybe a little bit) but to make aware to others the proper pricing of sticks. Unfortunately, I experience B&M price hikes above MSRP here as well. I suppose it's because they have so much more overhead than an online retailer would.

No need to send any more sticks, but thank you very much for your gesture and the apology. That speaks volumes of your character.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

No harm, no foul. This just goes to show you that a little research goes a long way.

Blog Entries

Nelson PM'd me the identity of his puro in good faith - without giving away any details, it meets the requirements of the pass.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information