Thread: Questional Thread Tags

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    It's a nice feature to relevantly tag something and using search you can bring it up without searching the whole forum which often returns hundreds of results. It "guesses" at what you're trying to type too, like "TOTY 2011."
    An excellent point. Maybe the admins could create a list of possible tags and eliminate the use of custom tags. It would keep people from adding objectionable tags and make it easier to effectively search tagged threads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    An excellent point. Maybe the admins could create a list of possible tags and eliminate the use of custom tags. It would keep people from adding objectionable tags and make it easier to effectively search tagged threads.
    I disagree. This would remove responsibility from the individual for their actions, and limit responsible poster's freedom. Tags are indeed a useful tool, made more so by the ultimate customization ..basically designing ones own search tool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I disagree. This would remove responsibility from the individual for their actions, and limit responsible poster's freedom. Tags are indeed a useful tool, made more so by the ultimate customization ..basically designing ones own search tool.
    I was sorta thinking the same thing, but more like "I'd rather just not have tags, than pre-scrubbed tags"
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post

How do you perform searches on tags?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    How do you perform searches on tags?
    "advanced search"

down closer to the bottom, there's a field for "tags"

ETA: For example, I noticed that Young Forbes‎ was being a relentless tool, so I tagged it "relentless tool" and he pops up!

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    "advanced search"

down closer to the bottom, there's a field for "tags"

ETA: For example, I noticed that Young Forbes‎ was being a relentless tool, so I tagged it "relentless tool" and he pops up!
    Okay but how do you search for a "tag" if it isn't in the "These are the 70 most-searched-for thread tags" list?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Okay but how do you search for a "tag" if it isn't in the "These are the 70 most-searched-for thread tags" list?
    Ok. It's not all the way at the bottom. It's the second section down and there's a field "tag"

Better yet, go to "advanced search" and press ctl-F then type in "tag" and look for the field.

Shit, let me just drive up there and take the ferry and show you...

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information