Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
Holy crap!

You definitely won the "who gets their cigars fastest contest" but I suspect you're geographically a whole lot closer to Will than I am too so that should make a difference.

I'm betting Will got your MO/cheque (yeah, that's the correct 'Canadian' spelling.........lol) before mine too.
Money orders are a rip-off (IMHO). You pay for insurance that you'll never use. If I was sending money to Afghanistan, sure. Cheques work fine, and take about three weeks to clear. I am thinking about getting a US account, though, especially if exchange rates stay around par.

A first-class letter will take two days longer to get to Will from you, perhaps three days. The only thing faster is overnight courier (the expensive kind) as documents clear Customs immediately (as does first class postal letter mail ...)

I smoked a 3000 natty last night. Good, but fresh. I have to smoke a few more this week to get under the new $800 limit. When I get back home, they're going into a humidor to sleep until the fall, at least. Box date (both Mad and Nat) is April 2012.

Off to March Air Field museum today, Russian sub tomorrow. Hope to get onto a rental pistol range (may not be possible in CA, but we don't want to drive to Nevada).