Thread: Brisket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    That looked very yummy btw and I may have to do a brisket myself some time this summer just cause yours looked so good!

I've always been pretty much just a steak on the grill kind of guy but I'm trying very hard to expand my repertoire and learn how get better use out of my grill. I have to say, this thread has helped (and is continuing to help) improve my grilling.

Last year I invested in a good rotisserie and did one chicken and a couple rib roasts on it. I've also done a spatchcock chicken on the grill and learned how to make some reasonably decent BBQ chicken breasts (bone in) on the grill as well.

I'd really like to try a rib roast (have one in the deep freeze) with a good rub but so far I haven't been too pleased with the rub's I've been picking up at the store. What did you use for your brisket? If not store bought, is it a rub recipe you'd be willing to share? If yes, please, tell me!
    I use the Cluck'N'Squeal products. They have a beef specific, low sodium rib and their all purpose chicken rub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor71 View Post
    I use the Cluck'N'Squeal products. They have a beef specific, low sodium rib and their all purpose chicken rub.
    I'll keep my eyes open for that brand and give it a try if I can get my hands on it!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Last Saturday was our 2nd annual invitational smokeoff at the house. This year's theme, brisket.

7 contestants showed up at varying times in the AM to get their rigs going (ranging between 4AM and 7:30 AM)
    Optional chicken, and spousal sides. Had about 30-40 people over for serving at 5:30.

Ya know, someone had to come in 7th, but I'll be damned if 7th wasn't delicious. Chicken sides ranged from mustard BBQ thighs, to 20# wings, and bacon wrapped drummies.

There was nothing served that wasn't spectacular.

Leading up to the event, I tested my skills with 2 briskets and honed my rub for the contest. I came in 5th, but was satisfied with the result.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...y03c2VzRWJwOWM
    Last edited by badwhale; 07-28-2016 at 09:06 PM.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information