Thread: Free to a Good Home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default GGs

Great-Grandchildren. GGs are the benchmark.

I have three. Got a new GG Zeke this Father's Day, in fact. If you can achieve GGs, you feel as though you have loved, lived, lasted, and done your part.

Children teach you what you are here for. Grandchildren teach you what you have accomplished. Great-grandchildren teach you why you must be ready to step aside. My high ambition now is to last long enough to ride my Indian motorcycle out to Utah 21 years from now, share a cigar and a beer with little Zeke and his cousin Oliver, and beat them both in a game of handball. Then I'll be ready to step aside and let them have the place for themselves.

The picture upload here sucks donkey dongs... otherwise I'd show you pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ollie_skateboard_small.jpg 
Views:	1183 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	4042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ollie_skateboard.jpg 
Views:	1192 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	4041  
    Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

James,

Thanks for an interesting contest.

So, while I don't disagree with eating garlic chicken wings, leaving a legacy of your time here with fine progeny, but for me. A regular guy, in a world of amazingly regular people, I've come realize that from the myriad of potential answers, mine would be not the obvious, fufillment, compassion nor family or desire and passion. But, simple the gift of " connecting" as people with our fellow human being. The spark of humanity that allows people the ability to create art that evolks emotion from the millions who view it, to others using their voices to speak into a microphone on the TV and radio to report a historic event as we watch in awe, or the gathering of people in the town square to protest injustice so as to connect with others to effect change. As human beings, the aspect of effecting change to another's life through out ability connect as people is a powerful aspect of life.

-Tom
    Last edited by GrouchM; 07-08-2016 at 08:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the contest James.
    For me, the most important aspect of life is NOW.
    NOW is the time to say those things that come to your mind.
    NOW is the time to let those who have had a positive impact on you know that it's appreciated.
    NOW is the time to right wrongs, and have those uncomfortable conversations.
    NOW is the time to take that trip, or eat those wings, or build that treehouse, to stop weeding the garden to throw the ball for the dog.

NOW is what we have; nothing else is guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Thanks for the contest James.
    For me, the most important aspect of life is NOW.
    NOW is the time to say those things that come to your mind.
    NOW is the time to let those who have had a positive impact on you know that it's appreciated.
    NOW is the time to right wrongs, and have those uncomfortable conversations.
    NOW is the time to take that trip, or eat those wings, or build that treehouse, to stop weeding the garden to throw the ball for the dog.

NOW is what we have; nothing else is guaranteed.
    Jamie. Thanks for that. I feel you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by webmost View Post
    Great-Grandchildren. GGs are the benchmark.

I have three. Got a new GG Zeke this Father's Day, in fact. If you can achieve GGs, you feel as though you have loved, lived, lasted, and done your part.

Children teach you what you are here for. Grandchildren teach you what you have accomplished. Great-grandchildren teach you why you must be ready to step aside. My high ambition now is to last long enough to ride my Indian motorcycle out to Utah 21 years from now, share a cigar and a beer with little Zeke and his cousin Oliver, and beat them both in a game of handball. Then I'll be ready to step aside and let them have the place for themselves.

The picture upload here sucks donkey dongs... otherwise I'd show you pics.
    You need to upload your photos to something like photobucket then put the photobucket url in the "insert image" feature here using "From URL" NOT "From Computer." Most BBs work this way.

Here's an example:

Now see, doesn't that look better than "Attached thumbnails?"
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-31-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

6. Default

Who won?

Default Oliver

Oliver newborn:

On look at that pic, you know he must be breast fed.

Oliver recent:

Whereas here, the little scamp appears to be begging carbonated sugar water.
    Last edited by webmost; 08-29-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Thread Information