Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cuban Embargo

Ok... bigsmoke/420seth is now banned. Primary reason being multiple accounts. So as not to remove the entire thread all posts dealing with bigsmoke have been moved to the trash bin. When Hex returns, or has time, he will review this and if I goofed somewhere it can all be returned.

For now, Cuban Embargo discussions please. If you wish to discuss the bigsmoke situation further please start a new thread in General or Rules and Regs.

Thanks...

George, please go to This Thread.

Good point on Cuban blends, but I'm a little torn. If they were not to offer multi national blends, I could understand preserving the Cuban tradition. Or only rarely with super premiums would be a good compromise. Hell I remember when Opus were harder to get than Cubans anyway. I don't know much about scotch, but I wonder if blended scotch isn't still all Scotish produced whiskey? Any comparison there

I can see how the industry will get turned upside down when the embargo is eventually lifted. All I know is the US will buy lots of Cuban cigars.

Citizens in the US are already buying shitloads of legit cubans by any way they can. So I can see demand would go up, but I think you'd be surprised at how many cigar smokers are already smoking legit cubans.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Citizens in the US are already buying shitloads of legit cubans by any way they can. So I can see demand would go up, but I think you'd be surprised at how many cigar smokers are already smoking legit cubans.
    American citizens buying cubans?! That's absurd. That's very illegal.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I have some pre-embargo cubans

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin390 View Post
    gasp.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin390 View Post
    Actually, my great uncle just died and left my a whole collection of pre-embargo Cubans. I don't really smoke that much, so I was wondering if anyone here would want them. I'm willing to sell them for a reasonable price.

2006 stock from different brands have been outstanding. I think this is to catch attention from various markets and to raise stock so when Castro does leave and America opens the flood gate, there will be a greater and renewed interest. The improved quality makes me think the end of the embargo is in the near future.

gasp.
    Thats what I did too when I found out what I had.

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    Actually, my great uncle just died and left my a whole collection of pre-embargo Cubans. I don't really smoke that much, so I was wondering if anyone here would want them. I'm willing to sell them for a reasonable price.
    Depends....

What's your eBay rating?

And do you take e-Gold?

Very funny . I betcha there are literally thousands of sticks being shipped into the US every single day.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Very funny . I betcha there are literally thousands of sticks being shipped into the US every single day.
    i'm shocked. let's hope that I never obtain one of those "sticks".

charles in charge of our days and our nights
    Last edited by chefchris; 06-04-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Thread Information