Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I have an Mosin m44. That thing is all kinds of fun to shoot! The short barrel of the m44 puts out a tremendous fireball and shockwave with each shot. I can hit a 1 foot square at 200 yards using the irons on mine, very accurate rifle. I also have a Marlin 30-30 lever, and a SW MP .40.

winchester 30-30 is my favorite to shoot. The SKS isn't bad but with the new Leverevolution ammo for the 30-30 I really like the improved accuracy.

Blog Entries

are those the polymer tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    are those the polymer tips?

Yes

Blog Entries

That is a very nice rifle DW.

I went to the largest gun store in Kentucky last week. I was looking at, I think, a Cooper .17hmr. They have sample groups attached to each of the rifles, this one was very impressive.

3-shot group from 100 yards with a Leupold scope and bench rest.

Blog Entries

Well if we're posting eye candy...

1970s steel J-Frame sweetness. 38spl.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Well if we're posting eye candy...

1970s steel J-Frame sweetness. 38spl.

Will
    SWEET!!!
    All my ex's live in Texas.

That is a very nice rifle DW.

I went to the largest gun store in Kentucky last week. I was looking at, I think, a Cooper .17hmr. They have sample groups attached to each of the rifles, this one was very impressive.

3-shot group from 100 yards with a Leupold scope and bench rest.
    Apparently the Cooper is making a name for itself. I'm not familiar with them but I think there is an article in the latest Rifeman. I'll have to read up.

With a little research guns can be a reasonable investment. You rarely loose money unless you buy one new and then sell or trade too quickly. I bought a HK P7M10 40S&W (squeeze cock) when I was shooting USPSA events. I had paid around $1250 for the gun and 4 mags. I sold it about 2 years ago for $1500. Big mistake. It would bring $3000 today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p7m10nickelrt.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	1030  

Uh oh, looks gotta be careful with those Mosins and other mil-surps. I got an M44 a year ago and since then have picked up another M44 (this all matching), 91/30, and an Enfield in the mil surp category. Damn they're fun shooters though.

I have an Mosin m44. That thing is all kinds of fun to shoot! The short barrel of the m44 puts out a tremendous fireball and shockwave with each shot. I can hit a 1 foot square at 200 yards using the irons on mine, very accurate rifle. I also have a Marlin 30-30 lever, and a SW MP .40.

I would love to have a M44. I've been looking for one but it seems prices have doubled on Mosins. My P94 is also a .40. I love that thing! My brother has a S&W Sigma Series .40, I don't particularly like it but it's better than having a sharp stick, I guess? I hear the M&Ps are a smooth as silk though. BTW the huge fireball comes standard on all Mosin-Nagant models.

Blog Entries

I picked mine up from a pawn shop before Christmas for $120 after tax. I hear you used to be able to get them for around 70-80 though.

I picked mine up from a pawn shop before Christmas for $120 after tax. I hear you used to be able to get them for around 70-80 though.
    I got mine at a gun show in Raleigh for $69.95 out the door about a year ago. It's amazing how quickly they've gone up in price. Everything is like that now! AKs are like $450 now! You used to be able to get a decent AK for around $300.

I like putting a .729 Caliber hole all the way through a deer, but thats just me and it's what I'm limited to besides a .40 Caliber hole which I'll be trying this fall

Thread Information