Thread: Bourbons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hed View Post
    This thread is pretty old but, what the hell. I usually buy Jim Beam but occasionally get Maker's. Pretty basic compared to some of the brands I've seen on here. What can I say; I'm easy.
    If I'm making a mixed drink, and it calls for bourbon, I like Maker's. It's only when I'm drinking bourbon neat that I'll reach for the more elusive stuff.

If the only purpose is to drink a lot of bourbon, then I like Jim Beam, too. I like it better than Jack Daniels or Southern Comfort.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    If I'm making a mixed drink, and it calls for bourbon, I like Maker's. It's only when I'm drinking bourbon neat that I'll reach for the more elusive stuff.

If the only purpose is to drink a lot of bourbon, then I like Jim Beam, too. I like it better than Jack Daniels or Southern Comfort.
    WOW, I thought I was a loner with the Jim Beam. I used to drink Jack Daniels in my youth, but anymore it just tastes like I'm sucking on a charcoal briquette.

I keep intending to try some other brands, but when I'm in the store I end up reaching for the old reliables. I don't do mixed drinks anymore, just pour it over ice to cool it (and cuts the edge a bit by adding water from the melting ice).

I enjoy Makers 46. Much better than the original Makers Mark.

Thread Information