Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
    Love those steel J-Frames, and that Remington is just sexy.

So here's one of my toys ..... Bushmaster AR-15 A2 HBAR with a Knights Armament rail. I've decided that it's going to get two new uppers, an AR-57 (FN 5.7x28 shooter) and I'm going to reuse the barrel for an M16-A4 look with the flat style upper.

Bushmaster did some warranty work to it and really screwed up the barrel nut, so I'm going to remove/replace the gas block front site with a flat gas block and replace the nut when I do all this. The forward assist will get transplanted to the new upper, along with the BCG.

Kris
    Have you ever had to use the forward assist? In a fire fight it might be handy but otherwise I would eject a round that didn't chamber on it's own.
    If you get an urge for the untimate trigger you might look at Jewell Triggers. They build for Rem 700, AR15, Win 70 and some specific bench rest. Jewell is one of my accounts so of course I have their trigger on my HBAR Elite, Volquartzen10/22, and the 700 in the pic. They're a small company so they don't exploit a major website but I think I have at least an article I'll come back and post. You can search and find some testimonials about them. Many people just don't realize what a good trigger can do.

Here is an ad with a good pic of the trigger.
    http://buy.gearlodge.com/store/produ...7&cat=0&page=1
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 05-21-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Thread Information