Thread: NCAA Lacrosse Fans?

Default NCAA Lacrosse Fans?

May marks the NCAA Mens Lacrosse playoffs. This last weekend the bracket for the NCAA tournement was put together. Several teams from the DC area made it, Uof MD, UVA, Navy, Johns Hopkins and Loyola. The next few weekends leading up the Semifinals and the finals on Memorial Day weekend will be very exciting. I've either gone to or watched the Memorial Day weekend games with my dad since mid 90's so this is sort of a special weekend for us both. Is anyone else a Lacrosse nut like myself or going to the Finals up at Gillette Stadium?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

I love that game.

I started playing in high school in Louisiana when the adult team in town opened its doors to anyone who wanted to play with them. Me and my brother are pretty good size, and enjoyed the comraderie and ability to jump in and play with older guys. Now the city where we live has a very active youth through high school lacrosse scene, and it's always remained dear to my heart.

After high school, I played some pickup games in college with teams, but could never get a club team started. After college, I coached and reffed a bit, but haven't played competitively in a while.

I actually chose to attend grad school at Syracuse with hopes that I could somehow get "alumni tickets" should the Orange make an appearance at Championship weekend. I haven't been able to get my act together to make it over there, yet. I'm also hoping Championship weekend somehow makes it to the west coast sometime soon. I'll keep dreaming.

Anyway, without a TV, and with no real local fan support base, being a fan is kind of difficult. Have fun, though. I'm envious.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information