Thread: What to do if USPS says package is delivered, but did not get package?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

I thought the same had happened to me with WOXOF's Newbie package. Call USPS directly (number is on their website) and file a not received claim. I did this and they must have contacted the post office because two hours later I received a call from my local post office. The lady I talked to contacted the mail carrier who told her exactly where the package was. Turns out it was tucked away in the front office of my apt complex. Good luck!

Thanks for all the good advices guys. I did call the post office and the lady I talked to was very nice and helpful. I gave her the DC# and my address and she's currently looking into it.

She did ask what was in the package, and I said it was CDs. So, hopefully that won't bite me in the butt.

She also explained my original mail carrier is out because of a broken ankle or leg. Never knew the job was that dangerous. SO, I happen to have a new guy doing my route. SUCKS! Since I'm in a townhouse community, we have shared boxes, and if there is a package, the post-man would put the package in the lower boxes and put the key in the person's mailbox. He might have put the key in the wrong mailbox not knowing it.

It just sucks that whoever got the package, isn't bothering to walk down the street and give it to me.

Andrew

I had a computer monitor delivered to my old address in another state once. I had to have a freind in the area go knock on the door to arrange to get it back. As the receiver put it, it wasn't their fault the package got shipped to them, and not really their responsibility. If it wasn't for my tenacity, and my friend, they would have kept it I'm sure.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Default Update!

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I woke up this morning and as I stepped out the front door, I noticed a small box. The box was post-marked April 25th. It was my missing box. The key must have been misplaced in another mailbox and the neighbor was nice enough to leave the package on my front porch this morning.

It's been a week and I have no idea why they waited this long, but I don't care. I'm happy to get my HTF sticks. Will be doing the happy dance later when I get home.

Andrew

Blog Entries

That's awesome news! May the smokes be so much better because of this.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information