Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indoors or Outdoors?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    I'm a smoke anywhere kinda guy.

I was wondering if anyone here has used a window fan as an exhaust? I tend to smoke in my study, which is at the base of the stairs that lead upstairs -- which tends to irk the wife (especially during the winter) and will not be acceptable when our little one comes home.

I may pick one up and see how it works -- it is certain to ruin to the aesthetics of the room, but if it is effective in eliminating smoke seepage to other rooms, it may be worth it.
    Sometimes, we use a window fan in the basement. If you're in the vicinity of the fan, it works well. If you're across the room, not so well.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    I'm a smoke anywhere kinda guy.

I was wondering if anyone here has used a window fan as an exhaust? I tend to smoke in my study, which is at the base of the stairs that lead upstairs -- which tends to irk the wife (especially during the winter) and will not be acceptable when our little one comes home.

I may pick one up and see how it works -- it is certain to ruin to the aesthetics of the room, but if it is effective in eliminating smoke seepage to other rooms, it may be worth it.

A fan blowing out the window will definitely keep the rest of the house smelling nice. You have to make sure you've got negative pressure in the room you're smoking in. With the fan going close the door and feel around teh gap at the bottom... there should be a slight breeze blowing into the room. As long as you have that you're golden.

Personally, I prefer to smoke outside. I could smoke indoors when I lived at home with my Dad but my room started to get smelly. Too many cigars in a small space. It gets real windy here but as long as you can find a little shelter it's ok. I also really enjoy a smoke while I drive, but I don't really have anywhere far enough away to go that I have time for a cigar. When I lived in NOVA I commuted all over Metro DC for work and that gave me plenty of opportunities, but not any more.

I mainly smoke outside on my back porch soaking in the sunshine :)

Not much wind on the back side of the house either.

Don't smoke inside except at the B&M.
    sammis

I also really enjoy a smoke while I drive
    I do too, but I've noticed that a lot of the time I'll have severe uneven burning issues, even if I regularly rotate the cigar. Is it a series of unfortunate cigars, or a common problem?
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

I prefere smoking outside but when it's too cold I goto the B&M. I really enjoy smoking a cigar when I am driving a golf cart around for 4.5 hrs. =)

I Live in Anderson CA. 2 hours north of Sacramento

Default Me no Choice

Since I live in northern CA. and I don't have a lounge and the wife don't let me smoke in doors so there is only one place for me. I like it that way though.

Thread Information