Hello everyone, I've been lurking around for about a week now and was reminded that I have not properly introduced myself. So here it is.
I only started appreciating the finer things in life about a year ago. I think it all started way way back while I was still in high school. My first cigar if you can call it that was a White Owl. I liked the smell but didn't enjoy the taste. I tried several other cheapo brands but still was not impressed. That was it. No more cigars, so I thought. About a year ago I was on my way to work and I walked by a cigar shop that's on the way. I have walked past the same shop for many months and the thought never entered my mind but for some reason that night, I had to go in. I was impressed with their selection. At that time I still did not know much about cigars but the clerk convinced me to go with a Cohiba. He told me, "You can't go wrong with a Cohiba!" I was amazed at how well they looked. So $30 later I walked out with a Robustos. Once out of the store, I started to light the cigar. Then I started to think about what I just paid for the Cohiba. I thought the clerk just suckered me into buying an over priced cigar. I was starting to get the feeling you get when you realized you've been taken advantage of when all of a sudden, the aroma of the cigar took over me. I took several draws to make sure the cigar was lit completely. (I knew that much) That was the moment that I knew I was hooked. Since then I have been trying different brands at different price ranges.