Thread: New fish ready to jump into the pond

Default New fish ready to jump into the pond

Hello everyone, I've been lurking around for about a week now and was reminded that I have not properly introduced myself. So here it is.
    I only started appreciating the finer things in life about a year ago. I think it all started way way back while I was still in high school. My first cigar if you can call it that was a White Owl. I liked the smell but didn't enjoy the taste. I tried several other cheapo brands but still was not impressed. That was it. No more cigars, so I thought. About a year ago I was on my way to work and I walked by a cigar shop that's on the way. I have walked past the same shop for many months and the thought never entered my mind but for some reason that night, I had to go in. I was impressed with their selection. At that time I still did not know much about cigars but the clerk convinced me to go with a Cohiba. He told me, "You can't go wrong with a Cohiba!" I was amazed at how well they looked. So $30 later I walked out with a Robustos. Once out of the store, I started to light the cigar. Then I started to think about what I just paid for the Cohiba. I thought the clerk just suckered me into buying an over priced cigar. I was starting to get the feeling you get when you realized you've been taken advantage of when all of a sudden, the aroma of the cigar took over me. I took several draws to make sure the cigar was lit completely. (I knew that much) That was the moment that I knew I was hooked. Since then I have been trying different brands at different price ranges.

Welcome to the board from a fellow Canadian.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

welcome to the board!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Welcome Taz, from another fellow Canuck.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Welcome from SC

I should be in your neck of the woods in a few months. I've got a trip to go visit my sister and her family in Vancouver in a few months.

sammis

Welcome from North Western NJ.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Welcome to the boards!

Welcome from Central Texas

Welcome
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Nice Intro. Welcome from Mississippi.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas.

Nice intro and welcome.

hello
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

14. Default

welcome!

Welcome from Cali.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and thanks again Chris for pointing me in the right direction.

Blog Entries

Welcome!

Sorry, I wasn't around when you joined so I missed all the fun.

Great story in your intro. Your cigar store clerk has very good taste.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-02-2009 at 08:08 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Actually though, I gotta ask, why do you on a regular basis still participate over on poof.com?

It's a bad board run by a bad guy and most reasonable, intelligent people can see this. You came over here a year ago and thanked Chris for "pointing you in the right direction" and you've been fairly active here and that's a good thing.

As a very wise man said a few days ago on another site:

Now, you have the right to belong to and participate on any board you want to. You DON'T have the right not to be held accountable. If you participate on certain sites you are supporting profiteers and scumbags regardless of whether your friends participate there. Your friends are guilty too.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Actually though, I gotta ask, why do you on a regular basis still participate over on poof.com?

It's a bad board run by a bad guy and most reasonable, intelligent people can see this. You came over here a year ago and thanked Chris for "pointing you in the right direction" and you've been fairly active here and that's a good thing.

As a very wise man said a few days ago on another site:
    When I first started down this path I felt completely lost. There are many forums and so much information to absorb. I decided to go back to poof to help direct my fellow s/botl in the "right direction." Now this is subjective of course and I hate the fact that the "bad guy" is making money off of my deeds. Why should we let one guy ruin the spirit of "Sharing the leaf?"

Welcome from Ohio.!

Thread Information