Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nominate your new moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Actually, you would be a good one. You are reserved, show patience, and generally appear to have read all of the posts in a given thread.
    Any endorsement for me ??

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    Any endorsement for me ??

Why not? Although your CC's best bud, I think you generally approve of the "hands-off" approach.

Blog Entries

Actually, you would be a good one. You are reserved, show patience, and generally appear to have read all of the posts in a given thread.
    Scotty, you're full of shit as usual.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

4. Default

I know im fairly new here but I second the motion of QuietC as a moderator seems like a good guy, made it look like a good board with the prompt welcome I recieved from him.

K&P

Blog Entries

I'm trying to come up with the best way of doing this. We currently have approximately 10 nominations. I might just take votes via PM.

Another post will follow.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

OK guys..... come on....... I'm looking for PM votes to be a moderator.... I am an honest and law abiding person..... I have never inhaled (cigars) and promise to never delete any posts (Unless it is some babbling BS by Roham) or if CC or Ggiese start ganging up on Scott. But if Scott says something stupid I might just ban his ass..... LOL

And I would increase the smiley count

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    OK guys..... come on....... I'm looking for PM votes to be a moderator.... I am an honest and law abiding person..... I have never inhaled (cigars) and promise to never delete any posts (Unless it is some babbling BS by Roham) or if CC or Ggiese start ganging up on Scott. But if Scott says something stupid I might just ban his ass..... LOL

And I would increase the smiley count
    i'd vote for ya. i'm kidding. i don't want to be mod any more. i changed my mind. i don't think we should have mods. i nominate no one!

but you should let em gang up if you become a mod. scotty can take care of himself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i'd vote for ya. i'm kidding. i don't want to be mod any more. i changed my mind. i don't think we should have mods. i nominate no one!

but you should let em gang up if you become a mod. scotty can take care of himself.

I keep going back and forth on the issue in my head. Do I want mod's? Do we need mod's?

I might wait on this one until I can think about it sitting on the beach with a bucket of icy Corona's and a nice ISOM.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    I keep going back and forth on the issue in my head. Do I want mod's? Do we need mod's?

I might wait on this one until I can think about it sitting on the beach with a bucket of icy Corona's and a nice ISOM.

There ya go!!! That's where I do my best thinking - on the beach with Corona's and a good ISOM!!!

Hex, why don't you try no mods on a probationary period. Say like a month or so and just see how the place runs without "big brothers". My experience has been that everyone will pretty much police themselves. Just a thought.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

I don't think you need mods as police. Why does everyone think mods are around just to ban people? hehehe

There is one good thing about mods, they can insure topics are posted in the proper forums and also remind people of rules such as ISOM talk etc... Just my two cents.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    There ya go!!! That's where I do my best thinking - on the beach with Corona's and a good ISOM!!!
    thats a combination handed down from god himself!

K&P

13. Default

Self moderated is the way to go. We are all adults here. After all if we get upset we have this new smiley... It saves a lot of useless posting.

Thanks sarge....that's a great idea. lol

Everyone meet your new Moderator.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    I don't think you need mods as police. Why does everyone think mods are around just to ban people? hehehe

There is one good thing about mods, they can insure topics are posted in the proper forums and also remind people of rules such as ISOM talk etc... Just my two cents.

This is your man Hex. Pretty good philosophy IMHO.

This is your man Hex. Pretty good philosophy IMHO.
    Don't EVEN think about it... Rogaine with Mod powers??? Please!!!

Don't EVEN think about it... Rogaine with Mod powers??? Please!!!
    ok....how about me then?

good 'ol labmoney for mod?

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    ok....how about me then?

good 'ol labmoney for mod?

I vote for LabMoney for mod!!!

Just don't delete my posts, and don't ban me, ya hear!!!

Blog Entries

I vote for LabMoney for mod!!!

Just don't delete my posts, and don't ban me, ya hear!!!
    George, are you out of your mind?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

We SUPPOSEDLY have three moderators but two of them have completely disappeared (Oblik & CockyBastard).

When those two ^%$&%&^%'s did moderate, all they did was f#ck up.

I personally don't think there is a need for any moderators, if Hex sees something he doesn't like he PM's the person or makes a post.

If you insist on another moderator it should be Kevin7. He has the experience and the maturity to handle it and at least he comes around here, not like Oblik who is NEVER here or Cocky who is all wrapped up in his jock strap board where he makes 40 posts a day talking about college sports WHEN COLLEGE ISN'T EVEN IN SESSION So one day he decides to check back here and he's so out of touch with what's been going on, he pulls the over-moderation crap and gets his doors blown in then cries like a baby and takes his ball and goes back home to CockTalk or whatever the hell he calls it.

We DO NOT need moderators who are never around then all of a sudden abuse their power and delete posts and thread when they have no idea what's going on other than the fact that South Carolina will be lucky if they win 6 games this season Oh yeah Cocky, Clemson's going to kick your sorry asses all over the state of South Carolina so I don't want to hear any crying and pouting from you whackos over there.

It would be just like him to have a "bad sports day" then come back here and take it all out on us poor unsuspecting souls. He should NOT be a moderator here, pure and simple, he has a short fuse, is too immature and not really that interested in this site since he's far too obsessed with USC sports I mean c'mon, anyone who thinks USC has a "great" football team is not living in reality Oh and "NIT CHAMPS"? Congratulations on being the 66th best men's basketball team in the country Couldn't make it into the NCAA tourney, huh? UCONN's only MISSED being in the NCAA's once in about the last 16 years oh and BTW we WON the whole thing TWICE.. Oh yeah, we won the NIT once too in 1989, big friggin' deal......
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-17-2005 at 10:26 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information