Thread: Toyota Tundra

Default Toyota Tundra

Anyone on the board driving a Tundra? I drove one yesterday and sure liked it although it is in so many ways just like the Titan I'm driving now. No complaints, just looking to make a change.
    If so do you like it? Gas Mileage?

Default trucks

If you are looking for something in the Tundra's price range I think you cant go wrong with a Tundra they hold their value real well and they are a good solid truck. But it depends what you need it for if you dont need it for a work truck and want something real nice look at the Avalanche's I have had one for over a year and it's the best truck I have ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by telbar View Post
    If you are looking for something in the Tundra's price range I think you cant go wrong with a Tundra they hold their value real well and they are a good solid truck. But it depends what you need it for if you dont need it for a work truck and want something real nice look at the Avalanche's I have had one for over a year and it's the best truck I have ever owned.
    You know I have not checked out the Avalanche, but I will. I pull a small trailer quite often and like the open bed to haul large things, but for the most part it's my every day driver. However, I do like it fully loaded, leather, heated seats, stability control, all that shit. I have an s2000 roadster for the fun stuff.
    Thanks again.

Blog Entries

I've been driving a Tundra for several years now. I like it because it's a Toyota (as the last 3 cars have been), I can beat the hell out of them, and they still run. Don't get me wrong, I'm good to it underneath the hood, but am not much for aesthetics on the outside. It's a truck, after all.

I got the very basic package, the only option mine came with was A/C, which I thought necessary. The new models come standard with lots of features. I have no complaints except for the size. I'm a big guy, and am getting really annoyed with having to cram into such a tiny frame of a truck. Will probably look to get into a bigger Dodge or Ford the next time I'm in the market.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Toyota makes a good truck.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

HEY I HAVE A SWEET 05 AVALANCHE ON THE LOT

DUSTIN
    http://www.kappautosales.com/carsforsale.aspx
    Last edited by dustinpollock; 05-17-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: linky

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

I drove an Avalanche this morning. Very nice, it was loaded (LTX) with some extras ($45k), but was a 2wd which is what I want (Suburban chassis I understand). I've owned a number of 4wd vehicles and not once did I ever really need to use it. I'm checking out the options this weekend and will consider it. Now, at the same time, I have been thinking about the Tundra I drove. Very short turning radius, lots of power 381hp, and a truck not a crossover.
    I don't know, my Titan has been a really good truck (only 30k) and I probably should just keep her/him/it).

If my next vehicle is a truck (still undecided) I'm leaning towards a Titan or Tundra. Both are sweet vehicles indeed.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Sorry guys. I'm a Toyotaholic... And I hate Nissan(had one)... Toyota only I've got a 1990 with 500 000km on it, all original. Runs like a top. Threw a new paint job on it and it looks hot still too. Plus I have a 85 4Runner with 37 inch mudders on it I use for offroading... Was out this weekend with it.

Here are some pics of me and my friends who also drive Toyotas abusing our trucks this weekend. No breakages...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...a&id=720465540

My two cents
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Hi DW

I'd like to put a suggestion in for the Honda Ridgeline. I tried out the Tundra and the Nissan and found them crowded for my size, 6'2", 275lbs.

the Ridgeline is a Unibody construction ( like a car ) so it is rock solid going down the road, it is also all wheel drive with traction control.

My whole family drives either Toyotas or Hondas and regularly put several hundred thousands of miles on them so I have high hopes for my truck

I've had mine since September 2006 and haven't had any problem with it, just the typical oil changes ( neat feature, it tells you when Maintenance is due ) and I usualy get 7-8000 miles between changes.

sammis

Quote Originally Posted by sammis View Post
    Hi DW

I'd like to put a suggestion in for the Honda Ridgeline. I tried out the Tundra and the Nissan and found them crowded for my size, 6'2", 275lbs.

the Ridgeline is a Unibody construction ( like a car ) so it is rock solid going down the road, it is also all wheel drive with traction control.

My whole family drives either Toyotas or Hondas and regularly put several hundred thousands of miles on them so I have high hopes for my truck

I've had mine since September 2006 and haven't had any problem with it, just the typical oil changes ( neat feature, it tells you when Maintenance is due ) and I usualy get 7-8000 miles between changes.

sammis
    Thanks,
    I did check out the Ridgeline. I have an '07 s2000 that I squeeze myself (6'1", 220) into every Sunday for a top down jaunt around the countryside with my girl. The Ridgeline just didn't have the towing capacity I wanted, otherwise it would have been a viable option.

Yesterday I bought a Tundra. Double cab, Limited. Very nice.

Now I have my Titan for sale. It only has 30k miles on it and is spotless. I'd like to get $19k if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Thanks,
    I did check out the Ridgeline. I have an '07 s2000 that I squeeze myself (6'1", 220) into every Sunday for a top down jaunt around the countryside with my girl. The Ridgeline just didn't have the towing capacity I wanted, otherwise it would have been a viable option.

Yesterday I bought a Tundra. Double cab, Limited. Very nice.

Now I have my Titan for sale. It only has 30k miles on it and is spotless. I'd like to get $19k if anyone is interested.
    Good choice You will be very happy with it. A buddy of mine got one too and loves to take it along with his dirt bikes camping all the time. If you dont mind me asking...How much did you get it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro Man View Post
    Good choice You will be very happy with it. A buddy of mine got one too and loves to take it along with his dirt bikes camping all the time. If you dont mind me asking...How much did you get it for?
    $40k Sticker, Dealer discounted $7k. Drove out at $35,424.00

Thread Information