Thread: Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Default Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Went to the Memphis Zoo yesterday and headed to the Flying Saucer afterwards. This is a restraunt with over 200 beers. It was amazing. I had to let WOXOF know what I was smoking while drinking all this lovely beer since he couldn't make it. The beer I enjoyed the most was the Young's Double Chocolate Stout. This was the smoothest, richest and chocolaty-est beer I've ever had. I would love to be able to find more of this stuff so I can have an everlasting supply in my fridge.

If you haven't tried this, do so. It comes in a bottle or can.

Another good one I had last night was the Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Now that's a different beer.

After we left the Flying Saucer I called up Chris and got directions to a good beer store. I wanted to make a B - DOUBLE E - DOUBLE R - U - N before heading back into 6% Mississippi. I picked up

1 Pint Left Hand Smoked Imperial Porter
    1 Pint Arrogant Bastard Ale
    Coopers Vintage Ale
    Flying Dog Imperial Porter
    Three Philosphers

Couldn't have asked for a better day.

Young's double-chocolate is one of my favorite beers, but sometimes too heavy for a night of drinking. If I'm in that mood, but can't find Young's I'll go for Guiness.
    My other two beers of choice are Shiner (texas-beer) & Dos Equis. yum

Arrogant Bastard!? I'm the guy the label talks about - yuck!
    Last edited by rball5; 05-18-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Fugger!

Arrogant Bastard is a very bitter APA. It takes some getting used to, and should be drunk more around the 50F-60F range. (I didn't like it the first time I tried it either). Stone Brewery makes some of the best "Hop-head" type beers around. Their Imperial IPA is pretty hoppy!

Young's beer is always a good choice. The Chocolate Stout being one of the better ones. The Oatmeal is pretty good as well.

If you like heavy dark beer, try the Belgian Abbey style ale's and Barley Wine's.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I will have to try the Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Sounds really good. I have come to love the Left Hand Milk Stout. If you can get it by you I would recommend it. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Good
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfever View Post
    I will have to try the Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Sounds really good. I have come to love the Left Hand Milk Stout. If you can get it by you I would recommend it. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Good
    Ya, the place where I stopped had all of the Left Hand's except for the Milk Stout. I was sad. But I got the 1 pint of Smoked Imperial Stout. Me and my buddy split it yesterday. I'm glad we split it because I would have gone into a coma if I drank the whole thing.

Blog Entries

The Double Chocolate Stout is a good beer, but I personally can't drink something that sweet for long. Young's makes a great Oatmeal Stout that I enjoy. You might also check out Murphy's Stout. I enjoy that as well.

I used to live just north of the Stone Brewery in San Marcos, CA. I went down for a tour last summer. I've tried them all, but probably most enjoy their Smoked Porter. I also enjoy their Ruination. As far as the Arrogant Bastard - it's definitely a love/hate kind of beer. They also make a Double Bastard, at something like 10+% AC. I do agree about the Stone beer line - while tasty beers, they are very strong. It's best to be where you're going to be when partaking.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information