Thread: The kind of problem I like

Default The kind of problem I like

These are a couple of the cigars I got with my newbie sampler. The Punch was separate. Any thoughts on what to have with them. The photo shows what I was thinking about, but I have not tried any of these before. Any thought or comments would be welcomed.
    Thanks

Last edited by davearob; 05-18-2008 at 08:57 PM.

If you're trying to post a picture, use a free online image hosting site like www.photobucket.com. You can copy and paste the image code right onto a post here and the picture will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    If you're trying to post a picture, use a free online image hosting site like www.photobucket.com. You can copy and paste the image code right onto a post here and the picture will show up.
    Thanks
    I didn't have any problems previously but now I can't seem to get it to work. I tried using flickr and it wouldn't work either. I'll have to try photobucket. Looks like that worked although I may have gotten it a little big.
    Last edited by davearob; 05-18-2008 at 08:58 PM.

Well, if you're looking to really try and enjoy the flavors of the cigar alone, I'd just go with water which is typically best for a review like situation. Otherwise, you drink what tastes best to you. I haven't found a drink that really kills a cigar pairing wise because I treat my drinking like I do my cigars, I only drink and smoke what I like!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I would smoke them with water, but having a little scotch nearby for a nip every now and again wouldn't overpower your experience, I'd think. BigMacFu is right about the water, that is the cleanest way to enjoy a cigar for the first time. But you know what, its your ship so sail it how you want.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

When I can...3 fingers of Crown Royal really brings my taste buds alive. If I cant hit the hooch I go with a soft drink, Coke or Dr. Pepper. Last choice is always water.

So there you have it

1. Wiskey

2. Soft Drink

3. Water

Blog Entries

For review purposes, something light like water or my preference, sweet tea. for just pure enjoyment I like a nice brew or whiskey. Scotch is prefered, but I also like a lot of American whiskies. in the morning, you can't beat a good cup of coffee.

Dennis~
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Can't go wrong with a dark soft drink (coke, dr. pepper, etc)... Beer also goes well with cigars... Whisk(e)y generally goes well as does a nice dark rum ( IMO anyway); if your asking what Scotch is good, you can't go wrong with Glenfiddich, I'd also suggest Glenmorangie 10 or Dalmore Cigar Malt. I'd say if your by the pool or just relaxing in the yard, go with a cold beer or soda and if your relaxing after dinner go with the harder spirits; all IMO of course. HOWEVER, if you're looking to get the flavor of the cigars over anything else, do the water thing; the VP of Ashton said that he uses a combination of water and unsalted almonds to clear his pallet while tasting cigars.
    Last edited by ReV; 05-19-2008 at 09:14 AM.

Soda? Really? I've never heard of that being paired with a cigar? Doesn't it get too spicey?

Honestly, I love a nice glass of whiskey...perhaps Wild Turkey or Jack Daniels with my cigars. 2nd choice would be congac, I can never have too much Hennesy. Maybe I'm talking out of my a$s now, but I feel like the sweet flavors of the whiskey or congac compliment the cigar very well. However, like others said, this might skew your view of the cigar's tastes/characteristics.

Beer is always great, a New Castle ale will pair greatly with any cigar!
    Outside of the alcoholic beverages I prefer water, if not unsweetened tea, either iced or hot.

I am a frequent drinker of soda with a cigar, I agree with the above Coke or Dr. Pepper seem to go well.

I do agree with water as well, particularly if you are looking for nuance in the stick. Heavier drinks can cloy subtle flavors....

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Soda? Really? I've never heard of that being paired with a cigar? Doesn't it get too spicey?
    Try getting a really mild cigar, Natural or Connecticut wrapper, and have a glass of ginger ale with it... it great, especially for early morning smoking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gopyerk View Post
    I am a frequent drinker of soda with a cigar, I agree with the above Coke or Dr. Pepper seem to go well.

I do agree with water as well, particularly if you are looking for nuance in the stick. Heavier drinks can cloy subtle flavors....
    Ever try black coke?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    Ever try black coke?
    No, is that the one with the coffee in it???

14. Default

Go down to a good beer store and get a good Belgian beer. A Chimay, Duvel or Delerium Tremens would work nicely.

Thread Information