Thread: Sticky stuff in humidor

Default Sticky stuff in humidor

Well I havent posted here in a really really long time.

Might as well get back into it!

I had my hydrometer hanging from the lid of my humidor by some double sided sticky foam that came with the hydrometer.

is there a way to get the sticky stuff off of my lid? I peeled off the foam as best as I could, and am fighting to get the rest of it off.

Thanks!

Kazz

Blog Entries

what is the material that the sticky stuff is stuck on kazz?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

its stuck on the cedar on the inside of the lid.

I had the same thing happen to one of mine. Actually it was a metal plate that had the double-sided tape which the hygro then stuck to with a magnet. Anyway, I just glued it back to the same spot with Gorrilla Glue which doesn't seem to have much of an odor.
    You just wouldn't want to use any type solvent to remove the tape residue. Unless you were going to do a review which might read: "This cigar had a spicey finish with just a hint of Naptha and Xylene."

Blog Entries

Use a big ice cube in a plastic baggie to chill the glue, then scrape it off with a piece of credit-card type plastic. You should be able to get most of the glue this way, then use some sandpaper to remove the rest!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I agree with Whiteash on how to remove the sticky stuff. In the future when you want to mount something to the lid of the humi…Just skip all that double back tape and Velcro shit…Just use some vapor-less and odorless glue and glue it right on to the lid. That’s what I did…No issues since.

Thread Information