Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Sampler Thread III

1. Default Introduction

Hello ladies and gents.

I'm a new member, and novice smoker (read extreme rookie).

I've spent several days parusing this site, and I really like what I see. I stumbled on this thread and deiced to shoot drew a message - being that he is a fellow Canadian, and I'm from Calgary Alberta.

Well as it turns out he gave me some good advise, however he couldn't accomodate my wish list at this time.

So...I'm looking for a fellow Canadian memeber who might have a few samples to send my way.

I'm after a small-ish sampling of 5-6 sticks, of mild to medium strength. Being a rookie, I have smoked only a handful of cigars, but I know I prefer sweet, woody, chocolate flavors. The last thing I would want right now is something so strong that it turns me off of this hobby forever...well that's being a bit dramatic, but you know what I mean.
    I don't often have time to sit for long periods of time for anything, so the larger smokes would be wasted on me. Corona, would be good, I think...

Cheers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eproven View Post
    Hello ladies and gents.

I'm a new member, and novice smoker (read extreme rookie).

I've spent several days parusing this site, and I really like what I see. I stumbled on this thread and deiced to shoot drew a message - being that he is a fellow Canadian, and I'm from Calgary Alberta.

Well as it turns out he gave me some good advise, however he couldn't accomodate my wish list at this time.

So...I'm looking for a fellow Canadian memeber who might have a few samples to send my way.

I'm after a small-ish sampling of 5-6 sticks, of mild to medium strength. Being a rookie, I have smoked only a handful of cigars, but I know I prefer sweet, woody, chocolate flavors. The last thing I would want right now is something so strong that it turns me off of this hobby forever...well that's being a bit dramatic, but you know what I mean.
    I don't often have time to sit for long periods of time for anything, so the larger smokes would be wasted on me. Corona, would be good, I think...

Cheers!
    Welcome to the board from Kansas, USA. I've sent a pm to someone who might be able to help you out. We'll see what happens.

got my sweeeeeet package from Sammis today! you totally rock!
    - Jon -
    New to the cigar world. Trying to find some good smokes

Another of my passions is jeeps/wheelin

Good News Fro-nig.

Hope you enjoy the selection!
    sammis

Blog Entries

WooHoo....Jfellows has stepped-up and offered to help some newbies out!! Thanks Jon, I'm sure some newbie will be very happy!!

Speaking of newbies.......come on fellas, you won't find a better way to get a nice variety of ready to smoke sticks.

Here...newbie, newbie, newbie.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Welcome to the board from Kansas, USA. I've sent a pm to someone who might be able to help you out. We'll see what happens.
    Trade with eproven in progress. My end should be going out tomorrow. Thanks!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Trade with eproven in progress. My end should be going out tomorrow. Thanks!
    Welcome aboard Craig!! Thanks for helping out!! Just goes to prove that statisticians are good for somethin'.

Default trade

funky cold 5 would like newbie trade how do i get your e-mail i'm a newbie to computers too.

Default Hi, Bill.

Would definitely like to help you out on a Newbie Sampler!

Can you please provide us with an intro on how you got started in the cigar hobby and some info about yourself.

Thanks!

Andrew

Default intro

use to smoke cigars back in late 70s early 80s but wife had to quit smoking do to heart valve trouble so we both quit smoking, well she passed a couple years ago and about six months ago i started smoking cigars again but this time the good stuff grew up smoking machine made everyone icould steel from dads stash or once i could buy my own just old drug store brands. have bin doing bussiness with ci since i started back only so far bought the 5 vegas samplier humidor to start but recently found out it wasn't big enough so bought the havana foot locker. and looks like before long i'll be cooler shoping. i also enjoy college basketball,football and nascar. worked in maintenance and as a trainer for 25 years but currently disabled. so got time to sit on porch and enjoy a good smoke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by big bill View Post
    use to smoke cigars back in late 70s early 80s but wife had to quit smoking do to heart valve trouble so we both quit smoking, well she passed a couple years ago and about six months ago i started smoking cigars again but this time the good stuff grew up smoking machine made everyone icould steel from dads stash or once i could buy my own just old drug store brands. have bin doing bussiness with ci since i started back only so far bought the 5 vegas samplier humidor to start but recently found out it wasn't big enough so bought the havana foot locker. and looks like before long i'll be cooler shoping. i also enjoy college basketball,football and nascar. worked in maintenance and as a trainer for 25 years but currently disabled. so got time to sit on porch and enjoy a good smoke.
    Welcome to the board from Kansas.

Welcome from Utah

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Default newbie sampler

funkycold5 my end went out in mail today. this is going to be like waiting on christmas when i was a we lad.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board from Louisiana. Very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Got payment from Bill. His end goes out next week!

Andrew

Default Yea im a Newbie,Intro

Im starting to get back into Cigar smoking after a 10 year gap.

I used to smoke Swisher sweets and Backwoods(yea i know there SHIT)but i really did enjoy them.

Well ive grown up now and what to expand my horizons.I really dont know alot about Cigars
    I went and purchased the Acid sampler tin before reading on this forum about them(ouch)
    Ill give them a shot seeing how i bought them.I typically like a mild to medium smoke
    and i plan to get in on the Newbie sampler deal in the next few weeks.

I only smoke one or two a week on the weekends so they last me for awhile.

Im from Minneapolis and i look forward to learning from everyone here.

Thanks, Brad

Welm from Utah , lets get this party started !!!!!!!!

got a trade in the works with kidcrash
    Last edited by dustinpollock; 03-02-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: add

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Bill,

Your end went out today. I trekked through 5 inches of snow to get you this package, so I hope you appreciate it.

DC# 0308 2690 0001 4916 6230

Booya!

Andrew

Jamie, put me back on rotation!

Default Sent

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpollock View Post
    Welm from Utah , lets get this party started !!!!!!!!

got a trade in the works with kidcrash

My end is in the mail today,Cant wait to try some new Sticks

Thanks alot Dustin for taking me under your wing.

20. Default

I want to post a quick note to say Craig and I have completed our Newbie Sampler transaction.
    What a terrific selection of smokes I received!

Craig was a great communicator and sent me well on my way down the slippery slope .
    I have several weeks, if not months, of good smoking ahead of me and in the end I hope to come out of it a little wiser and dare I say, a newbie no more!

To anyone considering a Newbie sampler...quit procrastinating; get on it!

Thread Information