Thread: Got my newb sampler!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Got my newb sampler!

Thanks to Funkycold5 I got my newb sampler today. Been waiting all week for it. I have to say though I am only familiar with the Rocky Patels. Is there a website I can find more imformation on these smokes? Finally filled my small 20 count! Had to go get a tupperdor this afternoon to throw the extras in... guess I should probably just buy a cooler like everyone keeps telling me :P.

The sampler thing here on this site is a great way to get people interested, thanks again to all the suggestions regarding hitting the newb sampler thread up. And thanks to Funkycold5 for building a sampler, especially over memorial weekend!
    Last edited by Synthetik; 06-05-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Blog Entries

You're gonna like those, that San Cristobal is one of my favorites!

Nice job Andrew
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Funky bombed me as well when I got my newb sampler. I spent the better part of one evening doing research on the variety of sticks he sent. He is a great BOTL!

For research on the Rocky's, check out: http://www.rockypatel.com/

I've been lucky and disciplined enough to keep only one humidor, although it's pretty good size. I don't smoke often, and am really too new to buy any more than a 5-er.

I hope you enjoy them.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Whats that unbanded cigar?

Blog Entries

O.K., does anybody else object to the posting of pic's of trades/buys/bombs?
    If this was something I had sent out, I would object to it being posted and ask that it be removed. I know this was a newb sampler deal and not a bomb, but does it matter?

Just my opinion and I'm curious what others might think.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    If this was something I had sent out, I would object to it being posted and ask that it be removed. I know this was a newb sampler deal and not a bomb, but does it matter?

Agreed. A "Thank you!" or "I'll get you back, you bastard!" thread will never go out of fashion, but it's a bit of a faux pas to itemize or show a picture of exactly what you got. When you show specifically what was sent, future deals/bombs/samplers etc run the risk of getting "compared", which never ends well, especially with money and noobs involved.
    Last edited by JFellows; 06-03-2008 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Agreed. A "Thank you!" or "I'll get you back, you bastard!" thread will never go out of fashion, but it's a bit of a faux pas to itemize or show a picture of exactly what you got. When you show specifically what was sent, future deals/bombs/samplers etc run the risk of getting "compared", which never ends well.
    Good point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Agreed. A "Thank you!" or "I'll get you back, you bastard!" thread will never go out of fashion, but it's a bit of a faux pas to itemize or show a picture of exactly what you got. When you show specifically what was sent, future deals/bombs/samplers etc run the risk of getting "compared", which never ends well, especially with money and noobs involved.
    Exactly my feelings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post

I don't see a problem posting pics but if someone feels differently I don't see why they can't be accommodated. Well one thing is I don't want Big Brother to get upset if he or she thinks this board is being used for the distribution of Cuban cigars. That would be one of my worries.

Thread Information