Thread: Bringing Cigars From Mexico on Cruise

Default Bringing Cigars From Mexico on Cruise

Okay, I am going to Mexico in a few weeks on a cruise, and I was thinking of picking up a few smokes for my buddies back in the states. I don't really want to make a profit, just want some nice cigars for my pals. We're stopping in Cabo and Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, and I'm sure I will be able to pick up a few cases. I've done quite a bit of research on spotting fakes and plan to have to pay a few extra dollars at a nice cigar shop just to be sure. Also I am planning to buy some cigars besides just Cubans, so I will change around the rings and boxes etc so I don't get in trouble (more of a precaution, I don't think they check customs in domestic flights and they don't check them on cruises).

What I need to know, though, is how should I carry the cigars in the cruise and on the plane from LA back to SF? I was thinking maybe making a small humidor out of tupperware that could hold a couple of boxes but the flights do density scans of your luggage and I think that it would shot up. I would hate to lose a few hundred dollars worth of cigars! Would they be okay in their box for maybe 3-5 days until I got home? Thanks for any advice you guys have.

I'm pretty sure the cruise ships have customs officials that you have to go through when you board back on the ship. The cigars should be fine for 3-5 days. But it wouldn't hurt to bring a big tupperware, or even some big ziplock bags.

When you get off the boat, you're required to turn in a customs form reporting everything you bought - you're allowed xx number of cigarettes/cigars (non-cuban of course) to go through customs with. The speil we got on the boat said that customs would search 1 in 3 people.
    Last edited by rball5; 06-01-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: oops

Thanks rball. I didn't think they would actually have customs. I am definately gonna try to get a different box, or I may just bring a box of my own. I will see about the porter, but does anyone know how many cigars you are allowed to buy? I am asuming the customs check is actually when you return to the states, not after every port stop? I would really like to keep the Cuban box, but if thats the sacrifice then se la vi.

Does someone wanna tell this guy what is and isn't allowed with Cuban stuff as an American Citizen?

And this isn't cigarsmugglers.com dude.... If you wanna Smuggle shit and that's the only reason you joined, then If you came to talk about the great nuances of this smoke or that smoke, then welcome...

Here is a thread you should read before you post anymore drivel: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t494-off...an-cigars.html

I changed your title of this thread "Smuggling Cigars from Mexico on Cruise" cause I thought it was tasteless and tactless...
    Last edited by Roham; 06-01-2008 at 04:59 AM.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

It is illegal for ANY U.S. citizen to buy or even smoke Cuban cigars…That includes anywhere in the world. As far as coming into our house and asking us how we can help you break the law?! Dude you have come to the wrong place. I don’t think you are going to get anyone here to give you advice on how to go around the law.

My advice to you is to sit back and observe around here…Also there is more to the world of cigars than smoking Cubans. I suggest asking some of the locals in Mexico what they like to smoke. Mexico makes some GREAT sticks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    Does someone wanna tell this guy what is and isn't allowed with Cuban stuff as an American Citizen?

And this isn't cigarsmugglers.com dude.... If you wanna Smuggle shit and that's the only reason you joined, then If you came to talk about the great nuances of this smoke or that smoke, then welcome...

Here is a thread you should read before you post anymore drivel: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t494-off...an-cigars.html

I changed your title of this thread "Smuggling Cigars from Mexico on Cruise" cause I thought it was tasteless and tactless...
    Geesh....I'm surprised it took 4 posts for someone to say this. Read more post less......

Don't worry, if his cruise is anything like mine, the last thing he'll find is an ACTUAL cuban cigar.

Whatever do you mean? I bought an authentic genuine 100% certified Cuban Cohibo during my cruise.

Thread Information