Thread: CAO Brazilia

Default CAO Brazilia

Well it was a nice looking cigar, loved the smell of it, sat there for a good minute just sniffing it before i even lit it, maybe i'm weird but i thought it smelled like hay in a barn, but yum. Anyways the smoke smelled nothing like that so don't be worred if you don't like hay in a barn smells. The draw was a bit tight 1/3 of the way, nothing too tight though. Started out medium-bodied which was a suprise considering how dark the cigar was, then about half way through it became more full-bodied i thought, nothing too harsh. overall i gave it a 89-90 rating.

I have to agree wholeheartedly. Brazilias are an excellent smoke. Big gauges (the piranha, the smallest of the line, is a 46 ring, on up to the appropriately named Amazon, at 60 ring) I enjoy the Italia line as well, both are fantastic offerings from CAO.

Thumbs up

I smoked a CAO Italia Gondola (6.25 x 54 torpedo) last night. I was going to try one of the Brazilia line, but at my local shop they giving away raffle tickets for a humidor when you buy two of the Italias.

It was pretty flat and unimpressive for about the first 3/4 inch. Once I got through the first part, it turned into a great, full bodied cigar. I ended up smoking it down to the finger burning stage and can't wait to smoke the other one.

Good to hear I'm not alone with the Italia's... the Gondola has to be my favorite size in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    Well it was a nice looking cigar, loved the smell of it, sat there for a good minute just sniffing it before i even lit it, maybe i'm weird but i thought it smelled like hay in a barn, but yum.
    QuietC, I'm completely with you on this! The wrapper on the CAO Brazilias is the part that actually comes from Brazil, and it does smell like a barnyard! I was worried the first time I ever had one...but that was many, many Brazilias ago! I really like this line. I've had the Gol!s, the Sambas, the Cariocas, and (my favorite) the Ipanemas. What a great flavor, good contstruction, and plenty of billowy white smoke. Can't wait for my next one.

well its good to hear i'm not the only one that thought it smelled like that. That was my first Brazilia, i'm sure i'll have plenty more later on.

excellent smoke.. i am partial to the GOL size..

Now if you want a treat definately check out the Italia line.. wonderful aroma for a cigar.. and very excellent taste.

I'll havta try them, are they more mild? or medium bodied also.

I has one about a week ago. I am with all of you on the wrapper. Very nice. I was also surprised at how mild it was for a darker looking smoke. Good flavor but the one downside I had to it was what I thaought was a lack of staying power. It seemed that as soon as I exhaled the flavor was gone. Didn't leave a taste in my mouth for long to enjoy. Draw....Nice taste ...Exhale...where did it go? I will be smoking more to see if that holds true on another. Great taste when it was there however. 88 rating by me

10. Default

I have yet to try one of these. The CAO rep is going to be in town here next week for a cigar tasting of the Brazilia. I hope to have an excellent experience.

11. Default

I had a CAO Brazil Samba the night before last and was not particularly impressed. Tight draw, not much punch, flavor was not bad though. I let it burnout with about three inches left. I'll give an Italia a try next, any recommendations?

I have a Brazilia Gol setting around that I am just waiting to light up...

Thread Information