Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What does your screen name mean?

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Mine is simply my first name. "Roger" now that's original! At least my avatar is a bit different. Hope it doesn't bug anyone too bad LOL! Perhaps I should go for big anime eyes!
    Just another day at the office!

I'm not very creative when it comes to screen names. My name is Travis and I went to PSU and currently work at PSU. See, not very creative.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

been using this as my email address since high school

Rugby = my sport
    SH = my position (Scrum Half)
    9 = number (each position is numbered 1 - 15)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Mine doesn't really have a meaning. It was assigned to me randomly on some game site, and I've used it ever since, as it's never taken.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Here's an article I just read that is fitting for this thread.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-1214-username-translator/
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Mine refers to living a rich life. When I say living a rich life, I'm not talking about money. I'm talking about family, friends, the time to sit and enjoy a fine cigar, etc.

The nickname of a doomed tragic character from one of my favorite authors . . . used to be a soldier (Army combat medic for 7 years), and still kinda martial in attitude . . .

Blog Entries

cam = Cameron (name)
    z = just a cool letter in the alphabet
    ben = Benson (name)

boring yet never seems to be taken...
    Last edited by camzben; 08-03-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Mine should be easy to decipher.
    The first cigar I ever smoked = Rocky Patel Edge Missile Maduro.
    I am of the male gender of the human race = Man.
    It was given to me at a poker game one night.
    Still my favorite smoke except in a Toro size.
    Beware new smokers. This is a strong stick! It may leave you "On Your Ass".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgemissile.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	1114  
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

for me, I work in sales for the Post Office, but all my friends say I am still a glorified mail man

Blog Entries

BUMP.....for the new people

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    BUMP.....for the new people
    *BIG CHRISTMAS HUG FOR OUR FAVORITE HOTTIE OF THE BOARD!*

"smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

I would really like to know the meaning behide the name webworm13?

Bump for the new people.....

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

Blog Entries

I am bumping this for the new people ...This is a great thread it keeps a good record of all the people that have been a part of this board. Buzz did you add to this thread?

to make it endure

garryyjr Guest

garryyjr

Garry- First name, Y- initial of last name, Jr- I am the second.

I've always been a listen first then talk kind of guy. So growing up when hanging out the first half of the time I'd usually just lay back in the cut (linger in the background). So one night I was hanging out with some friends of friends and we went back to their house. As we entered the then girlfriend of the guy living there greeted us and said, " I know you guys but who is that shady character in the back." Since then that name has kind of stuck. For the record I replied to her. "You were right not to trust me."

The name was also re-enforced in college as I frequented and for a brief period worked for a pawn shopped called "EZ Money."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I am bumping this for the new people ...This is a great thread it keeps a good record of all the people that have been a part of this board. Buzz did you add to this thread?
    My screen name is extremely cryptic, and I'll only divulge it's meaning to a select few via PM.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    My screen name is extremely cryptic, and I'll only divulge it's meaning to a select few via PM.

-Buzz
    So where's my PM?

to make it endure

Ok I'll jump in............

My first name is Curt. I have a little sister who's a couple years younger than I am. Back in the late 60's she, my mom, and I used to sit and watch Star Trek religiously every weekend. My little sister used to call me "Captain Curt". Hey, she was like 4 or 5 at the time and to her Kirk and Curt sounded the same.......LOL. It sort of stuck but only saw use inside the family and only on occasion.

Some years later while in highschool I discovered the poem "Invictus" (see my tagline at the bottom) and when people used to tell me what to do I'd say, "Hey, it's MY ship and I'm the Captain" (as in go away I don't want to hear it, it's my life and I ruin it how I bloody well please......lol) slightly twisting the meaning of the poem to suit myself. This lead to some acquaintances calling me captain too.

In the early 90's I got into computers and shortly thereafter discovered BBS's. While joining the very first one I was asked for a screen name, so I thought, "Captain". Now, being basically lazy, I thought, why use 7 characters when I can get away with only 4 (also, remember my real name is Curt - 4 letters) so I went with an abbreviation. I chose "Cptn" instead of "Capt" because I like to be different.

Around 95 I got connected to the internet. Any time I was required to have a username for something I continued using Cptn. For most of 10 years, I used it without issue because of the odd spelling. Suddenly I found it was already in use in some places so I added "Blues" because I like blues music and I figured it was long odds on anybody else combining Cptn + Blues to make a username.

Whether someone else started using that same name (or several someone's as the case may be) or some sites just wouldn't accept it, I started finding places online that wouldn't let me use CptnBlues so I added the year I was born at the end and, voila! The present iteration of my username....

If anybody's interested, it's been about 5 years now and I've yet to have this username refused for any reason.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

In middle school, I started a fake gang called the Jive Turkeys, which was inspired by the "Airplane!" movie franshise.

We even had our own gang sign: Hold your hand out with fingers spread, fold in and connect the ring finger and thumb, covering the ring fingernail with the tip of the thumb, and repeatedly bend/wiggle the pinky while saying "gobble, gobble."

After a bloody battle with, and narrow defeat over, the other fake gang at school, the 8 Balls, I was the sole surviving member of the Jive Turkeys (read: everyone else got bored and moved on), so I inherited the name to keep it alive.

The name died off for a few years until one day in high school, someone remembered the Jive Turkeys and my nickname was resurrected and has lived on since.

There are some people from the college days that will only refer to me as Jive. I'm not entirely sure they all know my birth name.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Thread Information