Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your screen name mean?

1. Default

Ahhh, a couple of months ago, I bought some unknown branded cigar from a local shop. This thing was 10 inches long by an inch and a 1/4 thick. Biggest thing I've ever smoked, and also the most crappiest tasting I've ever had as well, and it was dried out. Thus the name Bighardbrowncigar. There you have it.

bhbc

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    J = Jason
    A = (middle initial . . . you can guess)
    EWING = last name

Aaron???
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Well, I have been a Criminal Investigator for a little over 4 years now....while in MPI school, they taught us about a theory--Locard's theory. The theory deals in the transformation of physical evidence from one place to another, no matter how small. For example, getting out of your car, you have seat fibers stuck to you....go inside a friends house and you leave some of those car fibers on his couch, and pick up more couch fibers....get it....so when something happens at your friends house, and I collect fibers.....I match the seat type with vehicles of known visiters and....well you get it....

I liked the name, and have never forgotten the theory....

Mine is from my college days. I am lucky to be able to use it here since in many cases someone has taken it. Way back in the early wild-west of the Internet I used to IRC Op on EFNET when it was the "in thing" so I was able to keep the name mine on there for ages. At one time more people in Toronto called me Monk than knew my real name... and that was in person! Basically the name comes from a combination of things... in one way it was an ironic nickname because in Western society Monks are percieved to be celibate and non-drinking, and I was the complete opposite. However there was a deeper level to it that many many people missed, and that was the combination of Spirituality that I have, and the fact that sex and drinking aren't prohibited to Monks from other parts of the world. Lastly, it was the name of a Mechanic in a rulebook for a game called Twilight 2000 which was a post-apocalyptic military game that I loved

I still answer to, and people still call me Monk in person to this day including family.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Mine's pretty simple... got hitched on Maui on a November 1st. Double bonus - constant reminder so I never forget my anniversary!
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighardbrowncigar
    Ahhh, a couple of months ago, I bought some unknown branded cigar from a local shop. This thing was 10 inches long by an inch and a 1/4 thick. Biggest thing I've ever smoked, and also the most crappiest tasting I've ever had as well, and it was dried out. Thus the name Bighardbrowncigar. There you have it.

bhbc
    you sure it wasn't a literal dog rocket?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

I'm a girl, I smoke cigars.... I like to keep it simple.

My sceen name is pretty boring, its my real last name. Just waiting for my long lost uncle that owns Kraft foods to find me and gimme millions in his will.

I love the blues,I play blues harp and I have a 72' Buick GS Stage1 (455 engine)
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Blog Entries

I am bumping this..for my good friend FishPoop..Welcome to the board

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Stryprod =
    Stry: Stryken - Video game charector that I enjoyed when I was younger.
    Prod: Prodigy - Group that does electronica music I liked at the same time, sucks now.

So, Stry + Prod = Stryprod, which just sorta stuck from when I was young as its universally not used ever anywhere.
    "Enter cool cigar related quote here"

http://www.daveandcourtscorner.com/

Simple. Do you knew this guy with the red jacket? I like him.. and got a oil painting of him in my office. Have this nick probably since I started with internet in the early 90's...

I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it...

13. Talking

It's my name....Born to Puerto rican parents with a French last name, given an English last name for my first. Gues that explains why I'm always confused.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

That's hilarious since we know that character as Scrooge McDuck
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

May be Scrooge get the name after a (very rich) german king - King Dagobert I. was a Merovingian Dynasty member and knewn as the "good king Dagobert" .
    I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it...

Any new members wanna chime in?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

DesignWise Graphics is my business name. I closed in July 2001 but a few of my clients refused to let me completely quit so I opened another DBA checking account and take less than half a dozen clients a year.
    I already used designwise1 for my ebay account so I use it most places as my "login". I don't know how some people keep track of their login when they have different ones for each site.
    --Gerald

My screen name was derived from a simple spell out of some of my favorite cigars:

S aint Luis Rey
    L a Flor Dominica
    C arlos Torano
    R ocky Patel
    A shton
    I mmenso
    D iamond Crown
    E l Rey del Mundo
    R EO
    S ancho Panza

Pretty catchy, eh?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    Any new members wanna chime in?

Sure!

78 = year of my firebird, project car now, was my daily drive for 6ish years

Loudpipes = exhaust system, got it from a Rap/Hip-Hop (Big Tymer's Get Yo Roll On) song back after I got the car.

I...like...loud pipes
    Big..rims....mo ice
    V-twelves...or better
    No...itch....strictly leather

There ya have it.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Blog Entries

I work for a logistics/trucking/warehouse company. Just tried to link something relative to cigars to the business I'm in so I picked ashauler and nobody was using it. Besides, my parents stuck me with a unisex first name, Jamie, which I don't like much. It does lead to an interesting collection of spam and junk mail though....I could enlarge all kinds of things!

Thread Information