Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your screen name mean?

In the foothills of the Cascades near Seattle, WA

Brewdude = I brew beer for a living, and I'm a guy.
    Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer.

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

mines simply part of my name

d- david
    HUTCH-hutchinson

anyone who knows me calls me by Hutch...picked it up when I was 5 in little league football....stuck since

I play blues harp and have a 72' Buick GS 455 stage 1
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman455 View Post
    I play blues harp and have a 72' Buick GS 455 stage 1

and,he has a "few" blues cd's....

Bumping this for all the new additions as myself, plus Shelby07 is worth the bump all by itself.

The Korean- I am half Korean, if someone does not know me by my name (Kevin), the next step in the recongnition process is "you know...the Korean".

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I've always been a huge Carroll Shelby fan. Had a bunch of Mustang Shelbys when I was younger and even an old 289 Cobra when they didn't cost 20 years salary.-... but the best one was a 1966 GT350S (Paxton supercharged - 442hp - 2700lbs) so when the announcement of the new 2007 Shelby GT500 came out I was at the dealership pronto, but found that they weren't taking orders. Last August we bought a used 2003 T-bird. On a road trip to Texas in December, we stopped at a little hotel in Tulia, TX. - median income about $15K year. During the night the local police noticed the car, thought it was out of place in a cheesy hotel and ran a check on the VIN. Turns out that the car had been reported stolen before we bought it. It was a mistake, but Ford had sold the car to a local dealer who sold it to us.... can you see where this is going???

As part of the "settlement" and me agreeing not to sue Ford (not that I would for a mistake, but they started jacking us around with the reimbursement check for our expenses and pissed me off royally) I negotiated a new 2007 Shelby Mustang (485+HP 485 ft lbs torque at about 2500 rpm) at a few hundred below dealer cost when they start producing them. So now I am waiting with baited breath for the damn things to be released.

So that's it . Shelby07! I'll post a picture as my avitar here soon.

bigpoppapuff Guest

for any that don't know...mine is derived from either the wrestler,or....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-HQ85FVbqLc

I just realized that I never did this. The Cabaiguan comes from the first box of cigars that I bought- Cabaiguan Coronas this time last year. The Juan comes from on of my several nicknames form college: Ranger Juan. Juan is spanish for Jon which is my name.
    So, first box of cigar + spanish version on the best name ever = Me.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

last name is boomsma

boomshay is the most recent nickname i've picked up at school.. previous have been

boomer
    boomshizzle
    beezer
    boom
    boon

and i'm sure i'm missing some others

9. Default

Ask a Marine.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

My Screen name is my initiation number from my Fraternity. The Fraternity is Lambda Chi Alpha for any of those wondering and the Beta Nu chapter in Melbourne, Florida (Florida Institute of Technology).

Mine comes from my friends, we used to hang out at a local pool hall and there where a couple of Dan's that played there and to minimize confusion they called me Skinny, one Big Dan, and another Pretty Dan. And my name just stuck, so everyone just calls me Skinny now.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Blog Entries

Time to resurrect and old thread!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

My family name is Harvey and in my hometown everyone knows my dad and his nickname was Harv, well when I came along I became Little Harv and as I got older I moved into the role of Harv.

The rest (InSTL) means that I live in Saint Louis, MO (STL).
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Quote Originally Posted by HarvInSTL View Post
    My family name is Harvey and in my hometown everyone knows my dad and his nickname was Harv, well when I came along I became Little Harv and as I got older I moved into the role of Harv.

GO CARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by dHUTCH View Post
    GO CARDS!
    Sigh, and what makes it even worse is that I was born/raised in IL so I'm a Cubs fan.

It sucks being a Cubs fan in Saint Louis, let me tell ya!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Well Mills is my last name, and there's too many Matt's (first name) around, so I go by mills.

By the way Harv, that might be the best signature I've read so far.

Mine is short for Revenant... which you can just go and look up yourself. I think i've heard Harv's sig. in some stand-up bit... maybe Lewis Black or Ron White? dont remember where.

I want to know what "Hugh Jorgan" means...

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    Mine is short for Revenant... which you can just go and look up yourself. I think i've heard Harv's sig. in some stand-up bit... maybe Lewis Black or Ron White? dont remember where.
    Looks like it was George Carlin
    http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/35972.html

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I want to know what "Hugh Jorgan" means...
    Can you use it in a sentence please?

Looks like it was George Carlin
    http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/35972.html

Can you use it in a sentence please?
    Makes sense, it sounds like a George Carlin kind of thing.

Thread Information