Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your screen name mean?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What does your screen name mean?

Lots of new members. Lots of different and cool screen names. What do they all mean?? Some are simple, actual names, or favorite vehicle. Others are not so easy to figure out...

Uhm, I'll go first

ROHAM <---- It's my real name. Given to me by my grandad It's usualy never taken, so it beats having to think something up
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

nothing much behind mine. Chris - that's my name, and the added 'boy' part was how my GF liked to call me. it somehow stuck, even if we're no longer together.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

The guys where I worked told me I had a Black Cloud that followed me, shit would always hit the fan while we were out on patrol... 114 Pct. I took this screen name for AOL many yrs ago. I'm not a member of AOL but still use it for many things (ex. IM, BB's)

4. Default

I smoke cigars. I am the Seageant of the 1900-0300 shift at my department. Thus the name cigarsarge.

Blog Entries

I explained this in another thread when Scotty was taunting me (since he already knew what my screen name meant). So for those of you who missed it, here it is again.

I like Jaguar motor cars. They are made in Coventry, England. They are sometimes called "Coventry Cats". The monthly publication of the Jaguar Association of New England (JANE) is called the "Coventry Cat".

The year of the Jaguar that I show in car shows is 1986, therefore the "86" at the end of my screen name:

It's also a pure coincidence that my ex-wife was born and raised in Coventry, Connecticut and we were married in 1986 and that she is a cat lover.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 11-18-2005 at 04:23 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

SFG75 Guest

Pretty simple-my initials with the last two numbers of my birth year.

7. Default

Spncr2006= Spencer (name) and 2006, year i go to college- i know im young haha

Well being a Japanophile and married to a Japanese girl, I am fluent in Japanese, so I often pick Japanese names. My name means "Cigar Fool, or Foolish for Cigars" in that language, though technically the word for Cigar is Hamaki.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

*ahem*

Bump

*cough cough*
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Just my name: Stjohn Roe
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Its my initials

Richard Peter Bertolino

and the year I was born

Blog Entries

Lopaka is Hawaiian for my given name....Robert

Well, I'm a MacCarthy, I'm big, and the FU is for just that, FU Okay, just kidding, it's for Fordham University, where I am currently teaching and working on my dissertation in Philosophy.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

It is the title a character holds in Neal Stephenson's "The Baroque Cycle"

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Well, I'm a MacCarthy, I'm big, and the FU is for just that, FU Okay, just kidding, it's for Fordham University, where I am currently teaching and working on my dissertation in Philosophy.

Hey what is your dissertation about? I studied philosophy too at Uni and absolutely loved it. Mine was on the Kantian Sublime.

My screen name is pretty obvious really so not sure I need to explain it....

Nothing special, my name is Eric Shaw, and I used Eshaw for an e-mail account I set up back in 1999, hence the 99. I no longer have the e-mail address, but I've always used the name for message boards and online poker.
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

ForgedByFire Guest

I work with steel. Nothing special, but I take pride in what I do.

my screen name is the name of a super hero. I created him through the two nicknames i got during high school. I have made comic strips of him and he is my life. someday he will be famous, more famous than superman. people will say was that superman and then everyone will make fun of him for talking about superman. So if you every hear about spudpeewee in the future, it is me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpudPeeWee
    my screen name is the name of a super hero. I created him through the two nicknames i got during high school. I have made comic strips of him and he is my life. someday he will be famous, more famous than superman. people will say was that superman and then everyone will make fun of him for talking about superman. So if you every hear about spudpeewee in the future, it is me.
    WOW thats pretty kewl!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

WOXOF is a meteorology term used mostly in aviation(not much anymore) meaning "indefinite ceiling zero feet, visibility zero feet due to fog". It's also slang to describe someone who is lost or clueless.

Thread Information