Thread: Since I'm sitting all

Blog Entries

Default Since I'm sitting all

alone in a shitty hotel room in Tulsa with a shitty wi-fi connection that won't allow me enough bandwidth to work on the VPN and nothing good on the microscopic TV, I thought I would try to make it more bearable by smoking an Ashton VSG.

I'm sure my newbiness will show as this cigar has been reviewed by a hell of alot of more experienced smokers than me....but WTF, bet they didn't do it in a shitty hotel room.

Vitola = Robusto 5 1/2 X 50

This cigar is indeed very visually appealing with a wonderfully gentle box-press. The wrapper is basically oozing oil and the hand feel is almost "sticky". The construction is obviously top notch...no soft spots, excellent cap, even foot with a beautiful bunch.

Clip was effortless, but the light seemed to take a little more effort than normal to be sure it was evenly lit. The flavor I experienced was vaguely familiar, yet like nothing else I have smoked. Spicy, but yet a little sweet.....heavy, but not too much....rich, but not too strong. The ash is a beautiful white and very solid....no flaking. I'm really kinda in a haze with this one.....it seems I'm almost on taste overload. The smoke seems to shift and change, with wood and sweet notes intermingling, then some spice thrown in. The body remains a solid medium for me.....but at times it seems to threaten fullness, but it just doesn't seem to ever get there. Toothpicked this one too......smoke time of 1hr 24 min.

This cigar is gonna be hard to beat. From the beautiful appearance to the fantastic construction to the complex and entrancing flavors....this is a winner. It has good reason to be expensive, and even a better reason to be a special event cigar.

Blog Entries

OOOOOOoooOOOOooo..

V S G

Nice Review!

I Absolutely LOVE these, My favorite is the Illusion size (lonsdale), I have smoked dozens of them, and every single one had the same draw and burn properties, Perfect!

Have you ever waited all day to get off work, and had a particuliar cigar in mind, and have it let you down with a bad draw or low smoke output? Happened to me with a Don Carlos last night! Every time this happens, I'll likely grab out a VSG. Eases my pain, every time
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information