Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last call for Box Pass Ver. 2.0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    If you have any more room or if any drop out I'll join in.
    LOL, as CigarSarge pointed out, there's a story behind this. CockyHooskins had started to organize this box pass. He was also a moderator here. Not long after being made a moderator, he decided to start his own site dedicated to University of South Carolina athletics called CockyTalk . He's the big bad Site Administrator over there and it's pretty much consumed his life. He averages 24 posts per day on his site and as a result, spent very little time over here since he started this site at the end of March.

So one day, he graces us with his presence and sees a little "controversy" surrounding Oblik. Gee, who woulda figured, huh? What many of us found aggravating about the situation was that he had hardly even been around the site and didn't really know what was going on. If one is going to "moderate" they should be an active participant at the site, not just someone who pops his head in once every other week in between his 30+ posts per day on some sports site dedicated to a school (University of South Carolina) that has a pretty pathetic football program. I'm sure it's extremely stressful being a USC Gamecock fan seeing how they pretty much suck in football so that probably explains his disagreeable attitude but he shouldn't come over here and take out his frustrations on us.

So being the big shot moderator and all he starts deleting posts and threads which didn't sit too well with some of us because we felt while our posts were critical of Oblik's behavior, they should not have been deleted. See THIS THREAD for the details.

He was a little on the "cocky" side with his attitude and some of us told him so. Instead of admitting he was wrong, he pulled a "Scotty" removed his avatar and sig tag and stomped out of here throwing a temper tantrum.

What I feel was very irresponsible about his behavior was that he started this box pass, people were looking forward to it and he left them all hanging without saying anything.

I thought it would be a good idea to start another box pass since it was pretty clear at the time that we'd most likely never see CockyHooskins ever again.

Click HERE for the link to the box pass that is presently underway here. If you'd like we can fit you in at the end right before the box is returned to me since you live very close to me and we like to keep the pass order set up so that the box has to travel the least amount of distance between participants.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-16-2005 at 04:15 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information