Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your 4th of July smoke?

1. Default What's your 4th of July smoke?

Hello CS, I recently panned around the members map and noticed quite a lot of Americans. As you know, Independence day draws near and I know nothing better to go along with friends, fireworks, and food than a nice cigar. For those of you who might of thought ahead, what do you plan to enjoy on the 4th? Anything out of the ordinary?
    As for me, I think it would be kind of neat to get my hands on a CAO America for that night. I enjoy the brand, would like to try something new, and it just seems to fit!

- Matt

I think I am going to go with a 5 Vegas Classic, perhaps followed up by something by Carlos Torano. Not really in keeping with the America theme, but those are what I'm into right now. :)
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

I have a monster CAO America Anthem on deck for the Fourth....

it will be my first of that CAO line.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

nothing :(

i leave for a cruise on the 4th with all my family and my mom's side of the family, so I can't smoke. ah well the cruise will be cool

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    I have a monster CAO America Anthem on deck for the Fourth....

it will be my first of that CAO line.
    I think I saw that guy at the shop a few days ago. I thought something was off with the $25 price tag on the box but then again, and after looking it up online, that IS one monster of a cigar. Enjoy!
    (I'm hoping for a smaller one on the 4th myself.)

6. Default

Dutch Masters
    President
    Last edited by Schwit; 07-01-2008 at 11:11 PM.
    Three small whiskies had gone to his head and Gallaher's strong cigar had confused his mind, for he was a delicate and abstinent person. (--from the short story 'A Little Cloud' by James Joyce)

CAO America Potomac
    Brian Wells

Seems like the CAO America would be the fitting smoke.

I only brought a small travel humidor with me to Florida, so I guess it'll be something in there. Although I am going down to Tampa today to hang out with Guado, so I'm sure we'll stop by some shops. We'll probably spend the 4th on the beach and watch the fireworks, that's gonna be even sweeter with a cigar.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Padilla Signature Churchill along with a Graycliff Double Espresso.

Its my first time for both and I have fully been looking forward to these!

On Saturday while doing our low country boil, Ill probably have a OpusX Power Ranger.
    Yay! Cigars!

Yesterday for Canada Day I started with a Belinda and a 898 Collection Robusto during the daytime activites (my wife and I took our daughter down to the festivities for a pony ride) finished the night off with a Gurkha Ancient Warrior and a Gurkha Beauty during the fireworks/concert.

I'll have to see what I've got sitting around for the 4th. Most likely is the Rocky Patel Vintage 92 or the Rocky Patel Fusion sitting in the humi.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Something from the box in the coolerdor with the nicer smokes. Maybe a Montecristo Media Noche I've been saving.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Camacho Liberty 07 maybe...

Of some of the 4th of July CAO america boxes I got?

CAO America here. The burn bans here have fireworks sales subdued. So I'll just have to keep a good bright coal on my stogie. Hopefully the fire dept won't hose me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	usaflag.gif 
Views:	141 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	843  

I'd like to get my hands on one of those Don Pepin Firecrackers, just because... But I got a whole box of CAO America Monuments, and I might light up one of those CAO Brazilia Trombetas if I feel giddy. Man, I also have some Flor De Oliva Super Giants left... I guess I dont know what I'll smoke.

15. Default

Man, here I thought I was clever with the CAO America idea. Seems to be the consensus though!

Yes .....a CAO America in the morning with coffee to celebrate July 4th.
    But, a holiday weekend calls for Litto Gomez Small Batch

Quote Originally Posted by FourClubFlush View Post
    Man, here I thought I was clever with the CAO America idea. Seems to be the consensus though!
    At least you know its a good idea.

Being an American in Japan I will be lighting up an Puros Indios Chief that I ordered a while ago.

Blog Entries

I have an Olivia Serie O I've been eying since the last draft.......thanks ashauler.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Being an American in Japan I will be lighting up an Puros Indios Chief that I ordered a while ago.
    I lit one up on my birthday last year, it was a surprisingly decent 3 1/2 hour + smoke. Only problem I had was that I had to cut it with a knife, my cutter isn't large enough for the 66? RG.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Thread Information