Thread: Cigar Rights of America.....Any Thoughts?

Default Cigar Rights of America.....Any Thoughts?

Cigar Rights of America

I was wondering if anybody else had some experience with this organization. It sounds like a great idea with a lot of support from some reputable players in the cigar industry. However, I'm not sure exactly how they'll fight this war on tobacco. I've looked on the website extensively and couldn't find anything on how they would do this. I've e-mailed them and this is what I received.....

"We are planning a number of things to fight overzealous anti-smoking
    movements. You will be hearing from us shortly.

In the meantime, please join CRA and become a Founding Member of Cigar
    Rights of America.
    "

The e-mail doesn't really tell me much. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against the CRA. I'd just like to know that my money is being well-spent fighting anti-tobacco legislation. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

Money? You gotta pay money?? I'd join for free...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

CRA Membership:

1 Year Membership $30
    2 Year Membership $55
    3 Year Membership $80
    4 Year Membership $105
    Lifetime Membership $500

4. Default Cigar Rights of America ... On the Road

CRA starts their freedom-to-enjoy-cigars tour this week. It's a combo rally and membership drive. Big names in the premium cigar business will be at one or more of the 5-city events:

• Avo Uvezian, Avo Cigars
    • Carlos and Carlito Fuente, Arturo Fuente Cigars
    • Charlie Toraño, Toraño Cigars
    • Christian Eiroa, Camacho Cigars
    • Eric Newman, Cuesta Rey and Diamond Crown Cigars
    • Ernesto Perez Carrillo, La Gloria Cubana Cigars
    • Jonathan Drew, Drew Estate Cigars
    • Jorge Padrón, Padrón Cigars
    • Jose Oliva, Oliva and NUB Cigars
    • Keith K. Park, Prometheus/God of Fire Cigars
    • Litto Gomez, La Flor Dominicana Cigars
    • Manuel Quesada, Fonseca Cigars
    • Nick Perdomo, Tabacelera Perdomo
    • Paolo Garzaroli, Graycliff Cigars
    • Peter Baenninger, Davidoff Cigars
    • Pete Johnson, Tatuaje Cigars
    • Robert Levin, Ashton Cigars
    • Rocky Patel, Rocky Patel Cigars
    • Tim Ozgener, CAO Cigars

New York (August 19); Milwaudee (August 20); Minneapolis (August 20); Chicago (August 21, two locations); Orlando (August 22)

CRA is trying to unite everyone to save our rights to enjoy a cigar and not allow cigars to get swept up in the "no smoking" bans in public AND private places. Soon we won't be able to smoke a cigar in a cigar shop.

I attended the CRA event in Minneapolis and it was huge. I think there were about 450 people there for the festivities. It was held on the roof of a restaurant and you could smell the event 2 blogs away.

Cost was $60 where $30 of it would go to local or national lobbying purposes and the other $30 was for a 1 year membership in the CRA.

I truly hope they get going once the new year comes around to fight the high taxes that may be in our future if we don't be proactive as cigar smokers.

Their website noted in a previous post really doesn't give a reader much to go on. I wish they would post what they are currently doing.

Paul

Well, i signed up with them, but haven't seen much aside from some newsletters they email out. The weirdest thing happened though, last week they emailed me their October newsletter! Freaking October! This happen to anyone else?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Thread Information