Thread: Cigar Wiki?

Blog Entries

I completed the purchase of www.cigarwiki.com this afternoon. I noticed that the cigar community is lacking any sort of “wiki” type site. My idea is to setup a site using MediaWiki (the same software which runs www.wikipedia.org). I’m kind of thinking that the site will become a sort of community editable “encyclopedia of cigars”. What do you guys think?
    <O:P></O:P>
    <O:P>Any of you guys worked on a wiki project before? </O:P>Edited by: hex1848
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

For those of you who don't know what a Wiki is, hereare some good, quick resources:

http://wiki.org/wiki.cgi?WhatIsWiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

It would be interesting to see if it would fly.
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

Blog Entries

Well, that was easy, took me all of about 10 minutes to get MediaWiki up and running.

I got to spend some time on a skin and get a game planasto what I actually want it to become, but pretty cool sofar.

Blog Entries

If anyone is interested here is the MediaWiki Users Guide:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_User's_Guide

It goes into the software from a users perspective, an editors perspective, or a sys admin perspective.

Blog Entries

I worked on the cigar wiki a bit over the weekend. I got a logo up and started working on a help page.

I need to sit down and think of some basic categories for people to write articles in. Thats next on the agenda.

Thread Information