Thread: Ambassador Private Stock

Default Ambassador Private Stock

Anybody know anything about these?

I picked one up from the 'Connoissuer's Collection humidor' at my local B&M on their recommendation (they haven't recommended a bad one yet). This stick was $14 - I didn't pay much attention to the box it came out of, I figured I'd look up the info on the cigar when I got home. I haven't found one reference to this cigar anywhere. I'll probably light it up this weekend...

ik've never heard of em, but thats not saying much. smoke it and let us know how it is :)

It might be from Ambassador Fine Cigars in Arizona...when I lived there I went there a few times and learrned that he puts out his own brand that is probably pretty underground at this point. But who knows, hopefully it's a good one!

Well I just finished this one & while I probaly wouldn't buy another it was an interesting smoke. While I'm no good at picking out flavors, I did taste a few in this stick. Here's my take on it:

Construction: Not so good. There were a couple places where the stick was bulging, and a spot here or there where the wrapper was loose. The back of the band was under a seam in the wrapper. None of these issues caused any problems.

Burn: Nearly perfect. There were a few times that the burn was a little uneven, but for the most part it was nearly perfect. This one lasted about 1hr 15 minutes before I put it down.

Flavors: the 2/3rds was mostly coffee & tobacco. Towards the end, a cocoa flavor came out & I could swear I tasted watermelon!? once or twice.

I wouldn't buy this one again, but I'm not a coffee fan (love the smell, hate the taste), so maybe someone else would like it...
    Last edited by rball5; 07-20-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Thread Information