Thread: Cohiba Siglo VI

Thumbs up Cohiba Siglo VI

WOW

Just had my first Cohiba Siglo VI that I had in my Humidor for about 5 weeks and was basically blown away. First off the Draw...Excellent all the way through. Not too tight-not too loose. And the flavor was very rich and full but extremely smooth which allowed it not to overpower. I am not at the point of tasting where I can link flavors to my smokes like leather, coffee, and such but I would say it was rather complex for lack of a better word. As I tasted it there seemed to be a lot going on in my mouth. If I were to use a food term it would be "delicious". The smoke was also excellently constructed. The outer wrapper did start to crack a bit but that didn't effect the draw in the least. It also didn't effect the burn. This burned as evenly as any smoke I have ever had. I wish I had bought two because I just finished it and really want another. Hey, I guess that is what this is all about though isn't it? If I were to give it a rating it would have to be 94-95. Of course I would never promote any illegal activity but if you are somewhwer that you can get a hold of one of these then do yourself a favor and splurge for one. I don't see how any cigar lover could be disappointed no matter what you usual preferences are.

Quote Originally Posted by guenzak
    WOW

Just had my first Cohiba Siglo VI that I had in my Humidor for about 5 weeks and was basically blown away. First off the Draw...Excellent all the way through. Not too tight-not too loose. And the flavor was very rich and full but extremely smooth which allowed it not to overpower. I am not at the point of tasting where I can link flavors to my smokes like leather, coffee, and such but I would say it was rather complex for lack of a better word. As I tasted it there seemed to be a lot going on in my mouth. If I were to use a food term it would be "delicious". The smoke was also excellently constructed. The outer wrapper did start to crack a bit but that didn't effect the draw in the least. It also didn't effect the burn. This burned as evenly as any smoke I have ever had. I wish I had bought two because I just finished it and really want another. Hey, I guess that is what this is all about though isn't it? If I were to give it a rating it would have to be 94-95. Of course I would never promote any illegal activity but if you are somewhwer that you can get a hold of one of these then do yourself a favor and splurge for one. I don't see how any cigar lover could be disappointed no matter what you usual preferences are.

Awesome smoke, and great review!!!

Blog Entries

Glad you liked it. These are one of my least favorite Cohibas BUT they are one of the most popular especially with Americans (who aren't even supposed to have the freakin' things in the first place ) because a "robusto" size cigar is probably the most popular these days.

I'm generally not a big Cohiba fan in the first place but the Siglo IV is my favorite by far with honoralbe mention to the Siglo III. The IV is a "Corona Gordas" vitola, 5 5/8 x 46 while the III is a "Coronas Grandes" which measures 6 1/8 x 42.

The Siglo VI are too fat for my liking (a "Canonazo" that measures 5 7/8 x 52).
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

CC - I don't know what it is about the Robusto size in the Cohiba's, but it is one of my favorite vitola's Cohiba makes. I was not impressed with the smaller ring gauge (Sig III), or the bigger smokes (Esplendido). The Robusto was absolutely phenominal, in my book... Differing tastes, I guess...

I just picked up a Sublime and I can't wait to spark it. If my thinking holds true with the Robusto size ring gauge, this oughta be a fantastic cigar!!!

Great smoke! My fav Cohiba.

CC, STFU! J/k brother.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    Great smoke! My fav Cohiba.

CC, STFU! J/k brother.
    LMAO!!

I forgot, I don't like the Cohiba Robustos either. Probably 'cause most of the ones I've smoked in the past were probably fake but the last few were real and just didn't do it for me. I still like the 46 ring IVs the best.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information