Thread: I Like Killing Flies

Blog Entries

Default I Like Killing Flies

Is a documentary about a NYC deli staple, Shopsins, moving to a new location, and how the customers, the head cook / owner, and family all feel about it. Very New York, very upfront and frank. I really liked how it was shot, and Kenny's a kick in the pants. Definitely check it out if possible.

We found it via Netflix.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Been eyeing this movie for sometime. The cover always catches my eye. I'll have to check it out now.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

My props on this documentary as well. It holds your attention and is very real. It runs on either IFC or Sundance on cable from time to time.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

I just got done with watching this. I really didn't enjoy it at all. I found it to be very boring and quasi-pretentious...the shop owner seemed way too concerned with making himself out to be a pseudo philosophical existentialist, and really came across as being nothing other than an annoying loudmouth. Very few of the points he tried to make had anything to do with anything, and the film didn't convey any kind of message. His restaurant was certainly interesting, but I'd get a hell of a lot more enjoyment out of watching the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld and then reading some Camus. Definite

Thread Information