Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by debo08080 View Post
    i didnt really read the thread, but whats going on?
    You a fan of the 4th of July fireworks shows???

Just step aside and watch!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    You a fan of the 4th of July fireworks shows???

Just step aside and watch!!!
    Doesn't look like there will be any fireworks,,,,,at least not any out in the open,,,,,he'll most likely stick to sending chickenshit pm's.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Doesn't look like there will be any fireworks,,,,,at least not any out in the open,,,,,he'll most likely stick to sending chickenshit pm's.
    Yep - that's his style, allright ",,,"

Thanfully my PM box is full - I wouldn't want to waste 60 seconds of my life reading his childish "dribble"(sic) ",,,"

Cigary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Yep - that's his style, allright ",,,"

Thanfully my PM box is full - I wouldn't want to waste 60 seconds of my life reading his childish "dribble"(sic) ",,,"
    It's either try to man up and talk it out with the person you have an issue with or post up and have this drama keep playing out. Neither of which I am interested in anymore because not all facts are known and to give this anymore air time is a waste of time. I'm not here to convince everyone who reads this stuff that I am right or wrong as much as when a thread first started I opined my opinion as a general statement not directed at any one person in particular. It really didn't matter because I was told that my newbie status was one that did not give me any stature or validity and it's the rules on some boards that if you don't have enough numbers for posts your opinion pretty much is meaningless. I guess if I had a post count in the hundreds then I would be perceived as someone who has stature and wisdom. When I was attacked personally by some I attacked back which in hindsight was ridiculous because it only served to make things worse.

It's been weeks and if there are those who have an issue with me reading posts or learning things in the threads then obviously, this isn't a place that I thought it was because mature men and women will usually give others the benefit of the doubt before attacking en masse. For those who follow after me and become new members remember that your opinion means nothing until you have the required number of posts or if you are brought to this forum by means of another member and are readily accepted. Never too late to learn valuable lessons in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    It's either try to man up and talk it out with the person you have an issue with or post up and have this drama keep playing out. Neither of which I am interested in anymore because not all facts are known and to give this anymore air time is a waste of time.
    Then why the fuck are you here wasting time?

I'm not here to convince everyone who reads this stuff that I am right or wrong as much as when a thread first started I opined my opinion .
    Oh. Fucking really??

as a general statement not directed at any one person in particular.
    It really didn't matter because I was told that my newbie status was one that did not give me any stature or validity and it's the rules on MOST, IF NOT ALL boards that if you don't have enough numbers for posts your opinion pretty much is meaningless.
    Pretty much. But then there are whiney little bitchass punk motherfuckers like yourself with a sense of entitlement who think that they should be allowed to just troll up a place to their heart's content.

I guess if I had a post count in the hundreds then I would be perceived as someone who has stature and wisdom.
    Wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

When I was attacked personally by some I attacked back which in hindsight was ridiculous because it only served to make things worse.
    Wow for you hindsight must mean when it's so dark you can't see because you have your head stuck up your ass.

It's been weeks and if there are those who have an issue with me reading posts or learning things in the threads then obviously, this isn't a place that I thought it was because mature men and women will usually give others the benefit of the doubt before attacking en masse.
    lmfao!

For those who follow after me and become new members remember that your opinion means nothing until you have the required number of posts or if you are brought to this forum by means of another member and are readily accepted. Never too late to learn valuable lessons in life.
    Too bad you'll never get it.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

we gonna give this guy a chance to make new or do we just get the torches and pitchfork?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soli View Post
    we gonna give this guy a chance to make new or do we just get the torches and pitchfork?

NO.....this guy has had his chances. There is no fresh start policy here, your actions at other places follow you, good or bad. IMHO, it would be better for you to just watch this.

Cigary,
    You owe tremendous apologies to many.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary
    It's either try to man up and talk it out with the person you have an issue with or post up and have this drama keep playing out.
    Is this, http://www.cigarsnobs.com/forum/inde...showtopic=3214, what you call talking it out?

You're what, 53, and you haven't learned how not to be a dick? You can't "man up" and duke it out on the Internet, Gary. I wish I could, but there isn't enough left of my body. You have to be articulate and to some extent, diplomatic. The Floating Fat man on Cigar Live quietly swept you under the rug, as is his style for those who annoy him. Banned on CigarPass for spouting shit, public and private. Where else are you no longer welcome? You're running out of boards, Gary.

I voted here once when I should not have, but I'd suggest you give him another chance. I think he is actually trying to contribute to the community.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NullSmurf View Post
    You're what, 53, and you haven't learned how not to be a dick? You can't "man up" and duke it out on the Internet, Gary. I wish I could, but there isn't enough left of my body. You have to be articulate and to some extent, diplomatic. The Floating Fat man on Cigar Live quietly swept you under the rug, as is his style for those who annoy him. Banned on CigarPass for spouting shit, public and private. Where else are you no longer welcome? You're running out of boards, Gary.

I voted here once when I should not have, but I'd suggest you give him another chance. I think he is actually trying to contribute to the community.
    Bruce,
    I respect and value your opinion as always, however, on this one I think I'm gonna have to be the glass half-empty kinda guy ,,,,,,I see no apology or any type of contrition forthcoming from craptain comma. The whole situation on CP could have been avoided.

Perhaps my perception could be changed,,,,,,but not without action from cigary!!

And to clarify for you, cigary, by action I mean an unqualified apology to all members you have attacked and offended. Others have stepped in a pile of shit when they first joined this and other boards,,,,,but many have succeeded in wiping it off and removing the stink.

Does it really sound like he might get a chance? This idiot trolled all over another board. What he has to do in order to "get another chance" is issue a sincere, no-strings-attached apology, shut the fuck up, and give it some time. I don't think he's the kind of person who can nut up and do this. So no, fuck him and another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NullSmurf View Post

Um, you've posted here 3-4 times this year and, like 4 times last year and you want to come on here and say a troll deserves another chance on this board? That's pretty goddamn presumptuous.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Cigary Guest

Finally a voice of reason here. I am on here reading the posts as does everyone else and the only people I see doing what I am accused of is the people who keep this going. I am not attacking anyone on here and I don't plan on doing that even when the very same people who are doing that to me continue. As with most cigar forums there are plenty of decent people out there and who can read between the lines and judge for themselves. Look at all of the posts on here that went negative when I simply came on here to introduce myself. I guess it's the mature thing to go on the hunt to other boards to discredit someone else and that is why I said it was childish behavior. If it isn't then again, judge for yourself what that kind of behavior is.

Soli says it quite well that people should be given the benefit but I guess some others never make mistakes and they are quite ready to judge others with the torches and pitchforks.

Finally a voice of reason here.
    See, here's a perfect example of how you don't get it. We got a guy who, although is most likely a decent fellow (this would be the benefit of the doubt everyone gets, including you I would imagine), posts comments without being around long enough to figure out the board works, establish cred, etc. Yet this is who you hold up as the voice of reason. You should add his name to the list of those to whom you owe an apology for cynically using him to establish your (non)position.

I am on here reading the posts as does everyone else and the only people I see doing what I am accused of is the people who keep this going. I am not attacking anyone on here and I don't plan on doing that even when the very same people who are doing that to me continue.
    Oh wow. A fucking martyr. I guess we are gonna need those torches.

As with most cigar forums there are plenty of decent people out there and who can read between the lines and judge for themselves.
    lol! Unfortunately for you, we read the black part over here.

Look at all of the posts on here that went negative when I simply came on here to introduce myself. I guess it's the mature thing
    Now we're seeing your true colors - sarcasm is always a great way to win friends!

to go on the hunt to other boards to discredit someone else and that is why I said it was childish behavior. If it isn't then again, judge for yourself what that kind of behavior is.

Soli says it quite well that people should be given the benefit but I guess some others never make mistakes and they are quite ready to judge others with the torches and pitchforks.
    Soli only posted because he hasn't been around long enough to recognize a fucked up POS troll when he sees one. But keep up the tutorial asshole.
    - Tom Robbins

Cigary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    See, here's a perfect example of how you don't get it. We got a guy who, although is most likely a decent fellow (this would be the benefit of the doubt everyone gets, including you I would imagine), posts comments without being around long enough to figure out the board works, establish cred, etc. Yet this is who you hold up as the voice of reason. You should add his name to the list of those to whom you owe an apology for cynically using him to establish your (non)position.

Oh wow. A fucking martyr. I guess we are gonna need those torches.

lol! Unfortunately for you, we read the black part over here.

Now we're seeing your true colors - sarcasm is always a great way to win friends!

Soli only posted because he hasn't been around long enough to recognize a fucked up POS troll when he sees one. But keep up the tutorial asshole.
    Basil, what can I say that you already haven't said? It's only ok for you to be 'sarcastic' and you are always going to be judge juror and executioner and you always have the final say in everything. Let's just say for the sake of argument that there is nothing that I can say or do that would make a difference as you have already said. I can live with that but something tells me that you can't because you have this need to continue to attack regardless. I could even be 100% sincere in a personal apology to you ( for what I don't know because you were never even a part of this from the get go ) but just for the sake of burying this and getting on with real life I'm not sensing that you are on the same wave length.

How's this for friendly sarcasm? Enjoy your day and try not to take things so seriously. It's not like we are neighbors and I have to see you have a meltdown everyday. I have to apologize for not being able to see your reply as I know it will be full of line by line detailed psychological rantings but your future railings will be blocked/ignored and I hope that some other newbie doesn't step on your toes for something they probably had no idea and you go off onto another shark attack. Get well, soon, Basil

I've been on the board for a couple of years now. Ted is usually right.

Reading through this thread reminded me of a little fable..

The Scorpion and the Frog
    One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.

The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

Self destruction - "Its my Nature", said the Scorpion...
    Sorry, my friend, but whether you show your self destructive nature here or somewhere else, you have still shown what you are made of.

Answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people like to think they know everything and then there are people like you who feel they know everything and rationalize their bizarre behavior. You are one of the 'shark' people who attack just out of the sense of seeing blood and you churn the water because you enjoy it. If I were the kind of person you think I'd be on here doing what you accuse me of and I haven't. I answer man to man without going into the public forum to 'justify' my attacking behavior. I don't know you from Adam and I can't make an accurate assessment of who you are except what you have shown. You don't know me either and you think you can make a 100% assessment of who I am. At least NULLSMURF ( Bruce ) has backed off with the statement he made in the post and I give him credit for saying what he did. For you, I guess you can continue your quest for some kind of validation for trying to 'get' me but at the end of the day what are you really getting? I go to bed and get up the next day just like I have everyday without so much as a thought about losing any sleep because of your frenzy. You are only getting this PM because I at least am man enough to try and settle things one on one but it appears you can't say the same because you need an audience to justify your behavior. Funny how you see your actions as normal and my actions weren't even close to what you exhibit. You may post this if you need to in the forum if that is your wish but at least quote the whole PM and not edit parts out to make you look like you have some kind of integrity.

Enjoy your day and try to keep yourself under control before you have a stroke.

<sigh> just received this little gem. I don't have to know you very well in order to know that you expect others to share your reality, skewed as it may be, upon pain of harassing and haranguing those with your blathering drivel; in short, a troll. Someone over at CP said it much better and more succinctly than I could:

"This is, by the way, a self moderated forum. The system works, if marred by a little excess from time to time. Do stop trying to change the way things are run here mate, because you won't get far. Most of us who stick around do so because we are comfortable with how things are done. You can see how we would react harshly to new members thinking they know better.

To sum up: Less with the moral superiority, and more attention to good grammar please."

----- Macion Grey

Yeah, I am a "shark people". And this is what you get for bein' such a fuckin' bucket of chum.
    - Tom Robbins

can one, or preferably both, sides of this little difference in opinion just bite the bullet and shut up?
    arguing like this has potential to ruin a good community
    but hey, what do i know, im new here

I just got excited because people started quoting me!

anyone for a smoke....?
    Last edited by Soli; 08-17-2008 at 04:26 PM.

can one, or preferably both, sides of this little difference in opinion just bite the bullet and shut up?
    arguing like this has potential to ruin a good community
    but hey, what do i know, im new here

I just got excited because people started quoting me!

anyone for a smoke....?

Soli - That would be nice if it all just ended, wouldn't it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Past history has shown that ignoring a known troll is the thing that causes chaos.

Just sit back and enjoy the show. This will pass pretty quickly.

Hope you enjoy the quote.

true, but for some provocation/retaliation (just or unjust) just serves as encouragement.

but, as you say: sometimes elephants are just too big to ignore. and our pack of canis familiaris are going for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    oh yeah! any chance of getting in a sig...?

but yeah, my 2 pence, welcome or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Soli - That would be nice if it all just ended, wouldn't it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Past history has shown that ignoring a known troll is the thing that causes chaos.

Just sit back and enjoy the show. This will pass pretty quickly.

Right on the money Mark!! I think it pretty much has already passed,,,,craptain comma has moved to his last bastion,,,,,the PM. If he holds true to his trollish behavior,,,,that is all he'll do from here on out. That way he can try to play the victim.

Nice of him to clean up the PM language a tad,,,,,,since he knows they can/will be made public if necessary. Teds was certainly a little different from the others we've seen.

It doesn't take post count to be a member. We have had those with 1000's of post get tossed out of the community. What it takes is time to learn the community and how things work. Your word here means the most. If you come in as a blow hard jumping into the thick of things voicing your oppion as fact then you can end up screwing the pouch. And when I say here I just don't mean this board. We are a community which goes beyond just one cigar board. How I behave here or on another board(Doesn't have to be cigar.) will go to showing my character.

You also show the boards respect when you take the time to read and find out how things are done. It builds trust that you are a mature person.

Their is more to this and I know I have and others have posted it. I think a couple of stickies are around explain things. Just take the time to read them.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Thread Information